Won't return item

cram_kevi
Community Member
How can I file a complaint on Item I bought and want to return. Seller not complying and eBay not acting.
Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Won't return item

cram_kevi
Community Member
Senior moment merry not Xmas spirit
Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

cram_kevi
Community Member
Senior moment just saw the price **bleep** photo
Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

If you want the members here to help, you need to explain why you want to return the item, otherwise we can only assume what the problem is.

Please be aware, though, that under Australian Consumer Law, buyers don't have an automatic right to return items they've bought for a refund. If, for example, it is about the golf clubs being left-handed and you didn't see that when you bought them, the office of Fair Trading will support the seller in their refusal to accept a return, not you for trying to return them anyway, because the seller made the information available and their return policy is "no returns accepted". 

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

cram_kevi
Community Member
Thanks sad ole world
Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Just keep drinking and posting **bleep** that'll fix everything 👍
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

@cram_kevi wrote:
Thanks sad ole world

Cheer up, your not the first to make a boo boo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRaUVp5DfRk

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Darby and Joan sitting on the porch in their rockers.

Darl, would you get married again if I go first?

5 minutes.

Dunno, I might.

Oh.

Another 5 minutes.

Well, would you let him use my golf clubs?

No, he's left-handed.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

@cram_kevi wrote:
How can I file a complaint on Item I bought and want to return. Seller not complying and eBay not acting.

Unless you give a few more details, no one here can really help.

In fact, your posts are about as clear as mud, to be honest.

All I am gathering is you bought something a while back that cost a fair bit and you would like to return it, but the seller isn't accepting a return.

Was there something wrong with the item you bought-as in, broken, damaged, not as described in the ad?

If so, then you could open an ebay claim or if the time for that has passed, a paypal claim.

If there is nothing wrong with the item except you have decided it isn't suitable or you no longer want it, then that's just bad luck as a seller doesn't necessarily have to accept a return for change of mind.  Not all real shops accept change of mind returns and neither do all ebay sellers. Ebay doesn't have any rule that every seller has to accept returns. You need to read the ads carefully to see an individual seller's terms. 

If the item is fine and it is just that you made a mistake and as dave suggsted, the problem is you bought a left handed club and would prefer a right handed one, then not all is lost, you can resell it.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

what do you mean by ebay not acting? 

the moment you file a return, the process starts....

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

EIGHT MONTHS later, I'm sure the issue has been resolved.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply