Yes, Another Toilet Paper Thread......Sucked In!

Just saw this on news.com.au. A toilet paper hoarder wanting a refund on nearly 5000 toilet rolls because eBay refused to let him sell them. He also wanted to return over 100 bottles of hand sanitiser.

So for those thinking that eBay, or sellers, are profiteering due to toiler paper and sanitiser sales, they aren't. EBay put their foot down weeks ago.

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Yes, Another Toilet Paper Thread......Sucked In!

@halfgweilo wrote:

dave, this is technical question. where can he unload all his goods? I didn't see the Community Spirit when I posted this link.. You are a... happy person.

But it's not an eBay technical question. It is, at best, hypothetical.

And anybody who marks their own post as a solution is...

Message 11 of 40
Latest reply

@the4masters2013 wrote:
Thanks for that...may put a stop to all the nonsense with toilet paper and sanitisers.

5000 toilet rolls should keep him/her out of trouble for a few years!

How many kilometres would that be? 

Message 12 of 40
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Just saw this on news.com.au. A toilet paper hoarder wanting a refund on nearly 5000 toilet rolls because eBay refused to let him sell them. He also wanted to return over 100 bottles of hand sanitiser.

So for those thinking that eBay, or sellers, are profiteering due to toiler paper and sanitiser sales, they aren't. EBay put their foot down weeks ago.

Thank you. This just made my day. And that manager is a legend. I'd like to see the full clip, only found a short vid.

I applaud the supermarkets re their decision to only refund 1 cleaning or sanitiser product at a time. That man will be taking lots of trips to the supermarket 😂

There was laughter, there was singing, there was dancing in the street, the gougers got beat

Message 13 of 40
Latest reply

ROFL !!!!!!!

This was the best laugh I have had for a few days.

Backing this manager all the way, and also thanks to eBay for cancelling the mans account so he can't profit from selling TP. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Woman LOL

He must have rolls stacked up to the ceiling.

Perhaps he could donate it all to the Salvos or some other worthy group for distribution to those a bit less fortunate.

Wonder How much $'s he outlaid to get those secret shoppers (20) to buy it all for him and the cost of the products themselves. 

How cheeky, takes all the stock, then fronts up to the manager, requesting refund (had receipts) and offering it back with a 30% discount.

Obviously you got the finger mate, and well deserved.

The Best story of the week!!

Message 14 of 40
Latest reply

Would he not have returned each lot back to the same store not all at one store.

Message 15 of 40
Latest reply

I saw ABC did an article on it as well - in this one, it says he just called the one supermarket.

He certainly divulged a lot of info about his operation (wonder if he paid his team, and whether they were able to get their own loo paper with all the restrictions in place, since they were buying once a day to hand it over to this guy).

I guess it's good he threw the info in about eBay as well, so people know that's not going to work - he's quoted as saying "my eBay site has been shut down, so we couldn't profiteer off that" - at least he's brazen enough to acknowledge the true intent of his dastardly plans, though I'd wonder why he thought that would curry any sympathy..... Smiley LOL

Message 16 of 40
Latest reply

If I had a trailer load of toilet paper I jwould just sell it on the side of the road.

Message 17 of 40
Latest reply

If I was a store manager and had no TP or hand sanitiser on the shelves, I would have offered to buy them back at wholesale costs, lol. I mean if it's true, the whole "sucks to be you" might feel good for a moment, but there's a much greater need to get that stuff to people than there is to stick the finger up at one guy.

(I live in Adelaide and have 3 supermarkets in walking distance, two of which are Drakes, I visit supermarkets pretty much every week day after I've been to the post office, and it literally took me two weeks to get my hands on a 4-pack - just in the nick of time Smiley LOL  Smiley LOL Only the chemist has had hand sanitiser, one small shipment in weeks). 

Message 18 of 40
Latest reply

At the moment toilet paper would be the ideal loss leader type of product. If you can guarantee stock it would save people shopping around.

Message 19 of 40
Latest reply

I had some trouble accepting this report too, if it is the same as the one I saw about Drakes.

For starters, it has been on all the news and on supermarket signs for weeks (and even in our local chemist shop) that there are no refunds on those sorts of goods. Anyone who was stockpiling would make it their business to know the latest news about supplies and they would surely know that one.

Secondly, why would a person admit to why they had the stock or that they failed to sell it. TMI

But mainly, how could anyone stockpile that amount from the one shop, and even if they did, it would have to be weeks ago now as it has been one pack for ages. Who thinks they can get a refund 6 weeks later or more for goods where there is nothing wrong with them? It's only ebay customers who think that.Smiley Wink

PS Would any manager really give customers the finger? Publicity, is my guess.Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 40
Latest reply