You can cancel this order?

Hi all,

I sold an item on Friday to a buyer with very low feedback and who had obviously activated their account by phone verification to do so as they had been blocked a few times due to buyer requirements.

The buyer still has not paid, but curiously there is now a note from ebay under the sale, stating "you can cancel this order and get your fees back". I just wondered why the note is there well before the four days are up, it has been around 36hrs? Is it just a glitch or is there a reason why i can cancel, or when I click, will it just say I still have to wait?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: You can cancel this order?

Is the buyer still a registered member? If they have been made NARU (Not A Registered User), eBay usually allows immediate cancellation of the transaction. 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I have exactly the same question, only my buyer seems OK.

Is this an ebay glitch because when I click on cancel the order I am told I can't cancel yet.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I am not sure if it is a glitch or if there are sme differences in the account holders? When I clicked on the "you can cancel this order and get your fees back" it just took me to a page that stated "you can not cancel this order just yet" . The strange thing is, that I have had a similar issue with a non payer on a different account in the last few days, and yet this one does not have the "you can cancel this order", just opened a UPI in the same ways as normal.

I actually wondered if the original query I had asked was a new eBay thing to protect buyers from getting an UPI strike? In the original sale, I did not seem able to open an UPI case, just had to wait for the 8 days to pass and cancel the order? I wondered if this was a guest account?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I wonder if my buyer has changed their mind and notified Ebay direct.

I have no problem if the buyer doesn't want the items anymore. I have sent the buyer two friendly emails but they have not responded to me.

When Ebay places information on my item I wish they would explain it further. I can't seem to find any explanation.

I'll just leave things as they are, wait eight days and cancel.

One of life's little mysteries!!!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Go to your buyers feedback page and see if they are still registered. If they're not, it will say "not a registered user" (or something like that) next to their feedback number.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply