advice please,do i have to refund?

i received my first

'buyer requested a return' yesterday for a second hand dvd they have said under Reason- 'i found a better price elsewhere'

and then under comments- 'i have not received the dvd'

sounds like a crock to me 

i do have no returns on my listings so will i be made to refund if i say no? im so confused by these new rules i dont know what to do 

thank you for any advice

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: advice please,do i have to refund?

@thecatspjs wrote:

The menu displays the choices one under the other.

If you cannot understand that it is quite easy to click a wrong link, when they are positioned close together, and then get bamboozled by what you are supposed to do on eBay then I am surprised.

The key thing I think is that the buyer actually wrote that they had not received the item in the comments section.

The advice on the boards and in this thread, that tends to paint all buyers motives as black, is creating a hostile trading environment IMO.

A just as likely scenario is that the buyer clicked the wrong link, easy to do, and then just selected anything to get a message to you that they had not received it.

Agreed, and very easy to do. It woulsn't be the first time I bid $1500 fo a $15 coin. Click click click oops...

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

I have no idea what she even said in that feedback!

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

The neutral feedback comment IMO supports that buyer may have some communication "barriers" to overcome that may have served to contribute to the confusion faced by the OP.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

yes it was weird and she msg me in the normal way AFTER the claim was knocked back so why hadn't  she msg first if her dvd had not arrived? instead of asking to return it about 2 weeks later i think she didnt like the movie or had scratched it by accident??? who knows!! 

she is on my list now

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply