an interesting experiment

I haven't sold on ebay for ages and I recently got a 10 free listings offer with $1 fvf so thought I'd give it a go, I had excellent feedback for my previous sales which were similar items to what I listed.

Guess what not one sale, Smiley Sad never mind Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: an interesting experiment

And your question is?

The only promotions that fit what you have mentioned are either 10 or 3 days ago.

Did you usually sell your excellent items within that timeframe?

How long ago was your excellent feedback?

You undoubtedly realise that if you haven't sold for a while you will be treated as a newbie by all aspects of eBay.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Hi Dave thanks for your reply, was selling from 2002 to 2012 or 13 and most of my stuff was sold on the first listing, better build up my selling id with cheaper items do you reckon

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

ebay has changed so much since 2013 you wouldn't know it was the same place. For example, auctions very rarely get more than one bid, so might as well use Buy It Now. You also need to read up on the latest ebay announcements as there have been many changes implemented over the last 5 years.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Look on the bright side. No sales = no scammers. 😉
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I usually sell 1 item per day for every 400 items listed  (in my eBay store ). That amounts to 3 sales per day for the approximately 1200 items I currently have listed.

From this you might extrapolate your chances of selling something within a certain timeframe with 10 items listed.

As the other members have said eBay is not what it used it be.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

thanks for all your replies, will rethink

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply