any advice on return?

i really dont know what ebay thinks its doing by encouraging buyers to not have to bother reading listings or be responsible at all for what they are purchasing?

A buyer has bought a speaker dock and hasnt bothered to read the listing properly and make sure her tablet is compatible (321700025527).

I thought i had it pretty clearly described 4 or 5 times throughout the listing which models were compatible.

I honestly try my best to describe items as accurately as possible.

The listing says its compatible with samsung galaxy tab 10.1, 8.9 & galaxy tab2 10.1.

It also describes the connectivity as a 30 pin connector.

This buyer has a much newer model samsung galaxy 4 with a 4 pin connection and simply didnt read the listing properly.

It seems after finally reading it they then used the 30 pin c

onnector in their favour in the return process wrongly asserting that i claimed it had a 30 pin adapter in the listing.

Connectivity in the listing describes the connections on the dock, it doesnt imply an adapter for 4 pin or 30 models is included.

So regardless of the description they have now somehow assumed it included an adapter to fit her 4 pin connector.

Ebay has told me they have found in the buyers favour and now i have to also pay for return postage to receive a 2nd hand item back with all the retail pacxkaging gone.

Is there a number anyone can give me to call ebay and complain?

Is it even worth trying?

Thanks in advance for any advice?

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

any advice on return?

JMO you have nothing to lose by appealing their decision -

To appeal a case you've lost, find your case details in My eBay and select Appeal from the More actions drop-down menu.

Appeals

Buyers and sellers can appeal by providing appropriate documentation within 30 days from when we make a decision about a transaction issue.

I would also bring into play your return policy stated in the listing:

i accept returns for items received faulty and DOA only.
I cannot accept returns for change of mind, incompatibility issues or items purchased in error.

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

any advice on return?

it sounds like the buyer  didnt  check before they brought off you

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

any advice on return?

thanks for that, good thinking about the return policy i was so angry i hadnt even thought of that.

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

any advice on return?

the strange thing was the buyer didnt actually demand a refund.

After i politely refused the return request and explained as a small seller i dont have the luxury of large retailers that can return opened and returned items to a supplier and i'd be stuck with a 2nd hand item etc, they sought of just complained to ebay and ask i add more to the listing to make it clearer.. This is what they said and actually made false assertions about what models are compatible and the adapter business.-

I would like to check this sellers history (well not me personally) but your team to see if they often have returns asked for as they are selling a product that only fits one certain KIND of Samsung Tablet the Samsung 2 10.1. It fits no other. When you read their add it can be misleading as they state a 30 pin samsung. My tablet the Samsung 4 has a 4 pin connecter and I could not buy an adapter for the 30 pin. Samsung no longer makes the 30 pin connecter for their products. Can you ask the seller to high light that it is only for the Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1. They would not accept a refund or a return product.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

any advice on return?

we dont work for ebay we are just forum posters

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

any advice on return?

i am aware of that carly, im asking for advice from other sellers.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

any advice on return?

bede please be aware that many posters do not use their selling id

It can, and has, backfired into receiving revenge negs from other

disgruntled posters

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

any advice on return?

@bede3823 wrote:

the strange thing was the buyer didnt actually demand a refund.

After i politely refused the return request and explained as a small seller i dont have the luxury of large retailers that can return opened and returned items to a supplier and i'd be stuck with a 2nd hand item etc, they sought of just complained to ebay and ask i add more to the listing to make it clearer.. This is what they said and actually made false assertions about what models are compatible and the adapter business.-

I would like to check this sellers history (well not me personally) but your team to see if they often have returns asked for as they are selling a product that only fits one certain KIND of Samsung Tablet the Samsung 2 10.1. It fits no other. When you read their add it can be misleading as they state a 30 pin samsung. My tablet the Samsung 4 has a 4 pin connecter and I could not buy an adapter for the 30 pin. Samsung no longer makes the 30 pin connecter for their products. Can you ask the seller to high light that it is only for the Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1. They would not accept a refund or a return product.

So basically the buyer admits he made a mistake .... he admits he bought something that is incompatible ...  so why did ebay say you have to refund?   And how did they do so?

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

any advice on return?

thanks, yes i know that ima.

I wasnt being rude to anyone was i?

I certainly apologise if i was in any way

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply