automatic relist option is not coming up today 1/1/16 - it was there yesterday - anyone know why

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: automatic relist option is not coming up today 1/1/16 - it was there yesterday - anyone know why

Thought I would try to revise on my tablet, and it worked.

Message 21 of 32
Latest reply

Re: automatic relist option is not coming up today 1/1/16 - it was there yesterday - anyone know why

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I had read through all the previous threads. I participated in a few of them. I just didn't recall anyone saying that they had reached both 100 sold AND $10,000. Most had said they had reached one or the other, not both, which is why I got confused when you said you had reached both and still had the option.

I am fully aware of all the furphies floating around. I know the options and possible solutions were discussed at length. As I said, I just didn't recall reading anyone saying they had reached BOTH limits. They had reached one or the other, not BOTH. I do have a good recollection of most things I've read on here, even before I became an active member.

My private account sells over 100 items anually and most of the time is over $10,000 in turnover.  As mentioned on one of the other threads I stopped listing for awhile and briefly dropped below APPROXIMATELY $10,000 annual turnover. ( I didnt look at the exact figure at the time )

I started listing and selling again and recieved the three free relists for a short period of time until my turnover climbed back up to around $10,000 at which point they dissapeared again. This is the only time I have ever recieved the relists as most of the time the account sells well over $10,000.

I cant tell you the exact figure because I didnt specifically check, but I always know my sales figures to within a few hundred dollars.

Message 22 of 32
Latest reply

@cathyjoyjoy wrote:

The listings are separate for each account.  There are also many here who have multiple accounts and still have the ability to tick the 3-free-auto-relist option.

I think that's true unless one of the accounts is a business account. I think that veto's the option on other accounts even if they are not registered as business accounts. I am happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!

Message 23 of 32
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I had read through all the previous threads. I participated in a few of them. I just didn't recall anyone saying that they had reached both 100 sold AND $10,000. Most had said they had reached one or the other, not both, which is why I got confused when you said you had reached both and still had the option.

I am fully aware of all the furphies floating around. I know the options and possible solutions were discussed at length. As I said, I just didn't recall reading anyone saying they had reached BOTH limits. They had reached one or the other, not BOTH. I do have a good recollection of most things I've read on here, even before I became an active member.

My private account sells over 100 items anually and most of the time is over $10,000 in turnover.  As mentioned on one of the other threads I stopped listing for awhile and briefly dropped below APPROXIMATELY $10,000 annual turnover. ( I didnt look at the exact figure at the time )

I started listing and selling again and recieved the three free relists for a short period of time until my turnover climbed back up to around $10,000 at which point they dissapeared again. This is the only time I have ever recieved the relists as most of the time the account sells well over $10,000.

I cant tell you the exact figure because I didnt specifically check, but I always know my sales figures to within a few hundred dollars.

That's what I thought was the case too, but it seems Cathy is doing the same but still has the option. Either she's slipped under the radar, or you're being jipped! I don't know what to think now! confused-and-unsure-smiley-emoticon

Message 24 of 32
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@cathyjoyjoy wrote:

The listings are separate for each account.  There are also many here who have multiple accounts and still have the ability to tick the 3-free-auto-relist option.

I think that's true unless one of the accounts is a business account. I think that veto's the option on other accounts even if they are not registered as business accounts. I am happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!

I dont think ebay have my private account linked to my business accounts. It was started on a seperate IP address and different ownership name and doesnt seem to have any sales limits at all. This account DID recieve the 3 free relists for a short time even though we have two store id,s that sell a reasonable amount. 

The two business account id,s are linked in ebays system as I used the first store to have my selling limit lifted when I started the second store. I have never linked the private account to the stores in any way.

Message 25 of 32
Latest reply

There's 2 different situations - 100 items & reaching $10,000 - 100 items & $10,000 annual sales.  I definitely do not sell $10,000 per annum

Message 26 of 32
Latest reply

That's what I was trying to find out. When I said 100 items AND $10,000 you said you have that but still have the free relist option. That was why I put AND in capital letters. In the past threads, people were getting confused, thinking it was one or the other (probably because that's what eBay told them). Given that eBay works everything out in the last 12 months, I assumed it would have been obvious that amount would have been for the last 12 months. Sorry for the confusion of not mentioning that part.

So, it now looks like it still stands that if you have 100 items AND $10,000 in a year, you lose the option (until someone else pops in and says they have that and still have them!)

Message 27 of 32
Latest reply

However, I thought a member in a previous thread mentioned they had reached $10,000 in sales and after that the 3-free-autorelists disappeared. EBay informed then ON THIS OCCASION that "reaching $10,000 in sales" eliminated them from that option ever again !!!

So it seems almost every scenario gets covered and we still cannot identify why some get it and some don't (and eBay tell members a different story each time they phone).  It could be that the rules have changed for it over the years, but the software application of it hasn't .....who knows.

It's much like being able to accept a promotional free-listing.  Try it once and it might work, it might not.  Try a number of things - be persistent and so many more members are able to get to "accepted".

Message 28 of 32
Latest reply

Ha! no beating ebay. Thought I would try opening a new account, and actually saw the relist button!! First time ever. Only listed 1 item tho, then added some more a few days later when I had time. Yes the relist button is gone! Probably because I used the same paypal account for payments. Did not take ebay long, they can work fast when they want to lol. At least I got excited to actually see that relist button for a few seconds. Will be interesting to see if that 1 item does get relisted. 

Message 29 of 32
Latest reply

Hi my auto relist just recently stopped appearing on my listings. I tried everything g to get it back to no avail.  Anyway I ended up contacting Ebay Customer service and this is part of the response I got

"Christine, the auto-relist upto 3 times is only available if you are a new seller here on eBay. The criteria as well of why it was gone, is that you need to have 100 or more transactions with your buyers and reach $12,000 sales in 12 months. If you meet one of these said requirements, then the auto-relist is no longer available in your account because the system recognized that you are already an experienced seller here on eBay. In your seller dashboard, you already have 297 transactions"

so there I have it.  I only have the one account 

Message 30 of 32
Latest reply