automatic relist

Hello, has anyone else had problems with eBay automatically relisting items that previously had a free subtitle. I have had this problem - item was automatically relisted by eBay but I was charged a $2.00 fee as the subtitle was included in the relisting and is no longer free! How many people are getting caught with this and being charged $2.00 for the item to be relisted? I have gone through my listings and removed any subtitles that were free so that I don't get caught again but I think it is very unethical of eBay to be doing this!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

automatic relist

Hi, I had the same problem and they refunded me with an apology, yes it's unethical and thats what i told them. So contact them and get your money back.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

automatic relist

It clearly states when you check the auto-relist option that it only includes the listing fee on the relists, and any extras you have chosen will be charged at normal prices.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

automatic relist

Yes I know that thanks, but the subtitle was free in the original listing but charged on being automatically relisted!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

automatic relist

Precicely what Davewil just said, only the basic listing fee is free on the relist. It clearly says that any extras included in the original listing will be charged for if you relist.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

automatic relist

From memory, the free subtitle was for a limited time. Plus what the others said, it was only free on the original listing, not on relistings.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

automatic relist

Hi, I had the same problem and they refunded me with an apology, yes it's unethical and thats what i told them. So contact them and get your money back.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

automatic relist

Whew! thanks for that molecular11, someone else get what I am annoyed about! 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

automatic relist

Hi Thanks for this....can you give me any advice on how to contact ebay to ask for a refund...I cant figuure out how to raise a complaint of this nature  thanks kindly Tony   82Tonyj

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

automatic relist

Try chat with us. It's the only avenue available. And not one that warrants dragging up a SEVEN year old thread that almost certainly doesn't address your current issues.

ie It's all changed with MP.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

automatic relist

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply