bad news coming i think

21 REPLIES 21

Re: bad news coming i think

If you want to see how this might look, conduct a search and click 'group similar listings'.

When they say 4, I presume that's for a very specific search, e.g. specific model, colour and capacity, while just searching 'iPhone' would result in all results being collated by product identifiers, condition and so on. As to who will be featured in the actual listing when sellers have the same price, I'd expect that will be down to who is offering 'premium' services, guaranteed delivery and the like. They'll show other options, but buyers will need to click through from the initial result.

Still, I don't think it's going to work as well as they think.

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

Not only will the sellers leave (I feel a b & m store calling me!!), buyers will also leave if they are only shown 4 of the whatevers (phones, books, vinyl etc) they are looking at .

If I wish to buy something, I would like more than 4 to look at. After all, it is my time and my money.!

Just another stupid ide me thinks.

Just wish ebay would fix the day to day glitches which happen.(Freaky Friday is now a 24/7 operation!) before launching into a new area.

Get / back to the basics .... good customer service and a glitch free site.

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

i can't believe that 10+ years on (or more) the same glitches are still in place (ie the "Page Not Responding" errors). seriously, for a tech-based company - what sort of dimwits are they hiring? their IT department must be on the best wicket in the private sector. they literally do nothing. 

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

Surely they'll leave refinements for an advanced search?

And maybe this announcement is just a broad overview, leaving us to speculate on just

how it will be implemented.

Digi, where is this 'group similar listings'?  You've mentioned it before.

I can't find it.

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

@imastawkawrote:

Digi, where is this 'group similar listings'?  You've mentioned it before.

I can't find it.

Stawks, it's on a couple of my saved searches, but it's not a widespread feature by any means.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks Padi.   I've never seen it - ever!

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

Hahahaha, I've seen it obviously but I've never bothered to use it, I actually clicked on it just now out of curiosity and it seems a bit clunky to use IMO.

I'll just stick with my "newly listed" "ending soonest" "price lowest" etc....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

If this does begin to grow legs I can see a very determined exodus to other platforms, including a myriad of standalone websites, perhaps even some co-operative type websites. Although, it's already happening now, but not in numbers of concern eBay, yet!

I'm gobsmacked even at the notion.

Melina.

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

Maybe I should join their IT department.... I could really do some damage there! Maybe then, they would fix all the glitches!!!
Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

IT .... short for ItsTuffed     sneaky.gif

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply