blocked buyer list

Food for thought.. wouldn't it be great if you could block buyers that have a history of leaving negative feedbacks for sellers without trying to resolve with communication first?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

blocked buyer list

In a perfect ebay world....:)
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

blocked buyer list

I would love it if ebay would make the blocked buyer list actually work so that when you block a buyer they are blocked for good regardless of what ID they start and try and purchase from.

The ability to block a person by their registered name would be a good start.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

blocked buyer list

I thought I would put in a suggestion via this link Suggestion Box in regards to blocking buyers via ebay registered name and address and was very surprised to get an answer right back.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

blocked buyer list

Like that idea Harley.
Hope it grows legs and gets up and runs.
Would certainly stop those who just start up another id to get around blocks eh
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

blocked buyer list

Ideally - at least in my little fantasy land - eBay would make it so that people could only have one account, which has to be verified properly, and then allow multiple IDs to be managed under that one account (which can be visible to all, or not, according to member preference). 

That way, a block could apply to all IDs managed by that member, and people could still have buying / selling accounts, or separate stores etc. I'd also like to see FB left for others open to the public, even if FB received is private, they wouldn't even have to show the receiving member's ID in full when it's a seller, no way to try and 'snoop' on items purchased, I just want to see the comments. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

blocked buyer list

It'd be incredibly easy for eBay to make the BBL dynamic rather than static. A very small amount of code that basically says, "check if the buyer has changed their username, and update the username if the buyer has changed it." Anybody that can code knows how easy that is.

The fact that eBay refuses to do it tells me that they don't really care about sellers' ability to block buyers.

I know that they don't, from personal experience. I blocked an (international) buyer because their initial question was about the possibility of a SNAD return on a very cheap item. English was obviously their second language and they didn't seem to understand the description or what the item actually was. They were basically like, "I can't read the description, so I'm going to buy it and just open a SNAD dispute if it's not what I think it is. Okay?". It simply wasn't worth the hassle, so I blocked them before they could buy it. 

They then opened another account and bought my item. When I asked eBay to cancel the transaction, I was told that there was "no proof" that the buyer was malicious, and that I had to go through with the transaction (I didn't. I messaged the buyer and politely told them that I was unable to complete the transaction as it was against eBay policy to open a second account).

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply