buyer checked out for multiple items with COD by mistake now I can't send invoice,

vivacaj
Community Member

Buyer went through checkout and ticked the COD box by mistake. Now I don't get the option to send her an invoice for combined postage. She wants to pay 'bundled' amount by Paypal but wants to do it thru ebay invoice

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: buyer checked out for multiple items with COD by mistake now I can't send invoice,

Cancel, relist and (gently) instruct them how to do it properly.

Bearing in mind that the buyer has to agree to the cancellation, or it won't time out for 10 days.

Also that combined invoicing is not always successful. It depends on how the purchases are made and what eBay's system feels like on the day.

You know what the buyer wants. I would get them to agree to the cancellations, cancel, and relist as a single item at the agreed price.

Btw COD is an expensive Australia Post service. If you have actually given that as an option on your listings, I strongly suggest you get rid of it and use 'local pickup available' instead.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Re: buyer checked out for multiple items with COD by mistake now I can't send invoice,

COD is on the listings.

Most people think it's for paying pick up items.

I'd do as Dave says and get rid of it.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If you're using seller hub, check in the orders section because it shows the buyer's email address after a sale. Send them an email on that address and ask is that their paypal email. If it is, send them an invoice, or get them to send the money to your paypal email. If they're not comfortable with that, cancel the whole thing and start again.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply