buyer not picking up parcel from post office

Hi i have had a buyer that put a bid over someone else the last 20 mins to go.  She wrote back to me straight away saying why would she bid on something that would not fit her.   Confused with her message i asked why she wrote that when all measurements were given clearly.  She then said her son must of bid on it.  I wrote back saying great i had a buyer and now you dont want it.

Next day she wrote saying she has paid and can i quickly send the top so she can resell it.  As it went in a large letter i got it registered for paypal protection.  Its sitting in at her post office from the 10th of sept.  3 times i have written to her friendly to pick it up.  Each time she said she will but today again its still not picked up.  What happens if it comes back to me??    Ive had this happen on a facebook sale and the buyer just paid the postage again but i just dont trust ebays system

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

“NOT COVERED

• Local pickup items that weren't collected by the buyer”

“Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for eBay Money Back Guarantee.”

– eBay Money Back Guarantee Policy

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

It is not a pickup item countess.....the seller sent it in the mail and it is waiting for the buyer at the post office.

The PO usually keeps it for up to 2 weeks and then returns it to the sender if there is a return address on the package.

If the buyer wants it again they will need to pay more postage.   If they don't want it you can just refund the item cost and not the postage.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Aaagh... I knew it wasn't a pickup item, but selected a bit of text that I shouldn't have selected.

I blame the urgent coffee crisis here. It's not that I have no coffee left, but I am down to the last lot of beans, and have placed an urgent order for more coffee from my favourite coffee seller in Balaclava. I was waiting for the coffee from God Mountain to be back in stock before I re-ordered; it hasn't arrived; situation is now critical; I've only had TWO CUPS of coffee in two days in my attempt to husband the remaining beans.

Nothing I say or do this evening will be my fault. I plead the coffee amendment.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

tiggywink92, ignore the first sentence, and just keep  your eye on the second sentence:

“Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for eBay Money Back Guarantee.”

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

okay can you believe ebay.  ive just chatted to a guy called rupak.  He said if the parcel comes back to me and the buyer purposely doesnt pick it up.  Then i will have to pay everything including postage back to the buyer!!!!!

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

tiggywink92, do you mean you used the chat facility? The quality of advice from the eBay chat is not very good.

eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

Quote this to the CS rep: “Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for eBay Money Back Guarantee.”

Explain that this appears to state that if the buyer chooses not to collect from their own Post Office Box address, this means that the buyer is not covered by the MBG. Ask the rep to confirm. Summarise the call. Take full notes (to whom you spoke, time, date, etc.). Record call from outside recording device - get rep's agreement at start of conversation.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

As a general rule of thumb, anything an underpaid CS rep in the Philippines tells you will only ever accidentally intersect with the truth.

Refusal to pickup DOES void  the buyer's protection, as the countess told you. And posted the relevant part of eBay's MBG policy, which trumps a CS rep.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

okay i have been all the time with this useless guy.  I asked what happens if my buyer doesnt pick up her parcel from the post office.  Pretty clear question and answer for him.  He had no idea first said i will loose everything.  Then.... lol he got funny with me asking if i got payment and have you sent the item off LOL LOL  really i couldnt believe he didnt know what he was talking about.   all that time and finally he gave another answer saying i would refund the item but not the postage.   This site is useless i only sell a tiny bit of my things on here and the stress it gives me lol.  Plus hardly anything sells not like the old days

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

DUMP THE CHAT.

Contact eBay by using the Have Us Call You option.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply