buyer paid with paypal but has no address supplied

Hi ive had a buyer pay with paypal but there is no address supplied at all.  Ive got told you have to send to the address on the paypal invoice to be covered.

However ive noticed on the ebay invoice there is a woolworths address to send to.  Buyer hasnt got back to me yet as im assuming shes picking up from her local woolies.  If there is no address on paypal am i still covered sending to woolies?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: buyer paid with paypal but has no address supplied

very interesting dg that you brought that up.

i checked back on one of my earlier CnC orders and in the PayPal payment confirmation email it shows like this.. it was some time ago though (2017) and i have since opted-out, so i'm not sure if it is the same - but it would appear at that time it does show as a pick-up?

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 5.03.57 pm.jpg

it does say on the CnC page that providing you send to the address supplied within your stated timeframe, that they will "protect sellers from undeserved negative feedback or defects," but i'm guessing that doesn't extend to PayPal's seller protection. 

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

Hi. I have a buyer with an incomplete address(no street number or name)so I sent her a message. Did not hear from her so called ebay this morning. They have sent her a message. I was told by ebay to cancel the transaction in the morning if I have not heard from her. I must not post to an incomplete paypal address.

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

That's a bit different. You don't have a valid address to post to. The OP has one, but not in Paypal.

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

Disregarding my current problem, that is my point. The ebay rep stressed I must post to a valid paypal address and not an ebay address when I have been paid by paypal. I know I could not possibly post to this person as I do not have a complete address. I honestly thought they were one and the same thing(ebay and paypal addresses)but the rep said they can differ. Who knows.

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

The address you get shown (or don't these days) when you make a sale is the buyer's eBay registered address. They can change it at checkout to any address they choose.

At which time the selected address is provided to Paypal AND shows, after payment, in eBay orders.

In the OP's case it is showing in the post-payment order, but not Paypal. Which is probably a glitch, or part of Paypal's get back at eBay for dumping them as primary payment platform.

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

@rwhi2669 wrote:

Disregarding my current problem, that is my point. The ebay rep stressed I must post to a valid paypal address and not an ebay address when I have been paid by paypal. I know I could not possibly post to this person as I do not have a complete address. I honestly thought they were one and the same thing(ebay and paypal addresses)but the rep said they can differ. Who knows.

Was there an address in your order details? Or when you click the print postage label button?

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

this is the address only on the ebay order details section

cnc woolworths ashgrove

and then the address

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

no address on paypal notifications and account

on paypal has no heading at all for shipping address

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

and i bet that ebay buyer will get away with not having to pay.

I will only go by what paypal says cause if i send to a address that is not on paypal they say i have no seller protection. 

And how do i opt out for letting buyers pick up from woolies??

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

You can opt out of Click & Collect by editing your Manage postage settings page.

(Direct link for editing your preference to opt out or opt in. eBay are promoting this heavily and making it a default setting for many listings, but for sellers who don't like it, you should not feel pressured by eBay to offer it. I don't like it as a buyer, and there are certainly some drawbacks.)

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply