can you post perfume by aust post

can you post perfume with australia post..

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: can you post perfume by aust post

I believe the Dangerous Goods License you are referring to is for the physical transport of dangerous goods - driver training. https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/business-and-trade/licensing/mining/transporting-dangerous-goods

It's not the same thing.  The Australia Post eParcel Contract and subsequent training refers to the packaging - how to bubble wrap perfume, etc. correctly so that it's safe for road transportation through the Australia Post network.

Message 31 of 42
Latest reply

You were the only one who has tried to be helpful, I appreciate that, thank you.  
The other one was not.

Message 32 of 42
Latest reply

I believe the Dangerous Goods License you are referring to is for the physical transport of dangerous goods - driver training. https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/business-and-trade/licensing/mining/transporting-dangerous-goods

It's not the same thing.  The Australia Post eParcel Contract and subsequent training refers to the packaging - how to bubble wrap perfume, etc. correctly so that it's safe for road transportation through the Australia Post network

Message 33 of 42
Latest reply

I believe the Dangerous Goods License you are referring to is for the physical transport of dangerous goods - driver training. 
Link I attached here keeps disappearing my post!

It's not the same thing.  The Australia Post eParcel Contract and subsequent training refers to the packaging - how to bubble wrap perfume, etc. correctly so that it's safe for road transportation through the Australia Post network

Message 34 of 42
Latest reply

The full DGL covers everything from driver training for fuel tankers for instance down to the AP requirements for packaging for dangerous goods sent through the post....the whole kit and kaboodle....which is why it can cost a lot of $$$.

It is issued to the person who has applied for it and allows them to use it in whatever capacity they see fit.

The AP version that you posted about is not available to you for any other use than posting dangerous goods through AP.  AP is the holder of the DGL and acknowledges that you have satisfied them that you understand the rules for using their services.

This is what I meant by saying you can use a 3rd party service to post perfume without getting a full DGL.  Some courier companies do something similar....particularly companies trading internationally who can charge an arm and a leg for providing the service.

My husband and I both had the full DGLs many years ago.  When I stopped work I let mine lapse but OH kept his up for a few more years until he started work with AaE and later StarTrack....both part of AP.   They regularly get tested in house on the sections that are relevant to their work.

Message 35 of 42
Latest reply

How far did you get with eparcel. I had been told there would be no issues for sending some products as long as you could supply a MSDS for the product. Finally get the pricing and told they would not send the products I had.

Message 36 of 42
Latest reply

good grief ...Shut up already

Message 37 of 42
Latest reply

@bamboo_hutt wrote:

good grief ...Shut up already

Great contribution to the boards where the member was simply giving a factual answer to the question.  original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 38 of 42
Latest reply

Welcome to the boards.

Keep this up and you will not last long.

Message 39 of 42
Latest reply

It must be your day to get roasted for no reason lyndal.     original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 40 of 42
Latest reply