combined postage

I have 50% sale on all items but for some reason my buyers cannot request an invoice for combined postage using either buy it now or shopping cart. I have contacted ebay and they looked at my listings and said everything appeared OK and that buyers should be able to drop items into shopping cart and request and invoice but 3 buyers have told me that neither option allows them to request an invoice. I hope someone has some insight into this because it is frustrating and potentially losing me sales. I did wonder if it had anything to do with the sale but ebay said it didn't so any help would be appreciated.

I myself have used buy it now and shopping cart many times to request an invoice for combined postage so I really don't understand what is happening now.

Cheers, Trisha

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: combined postage

@enchantedbookrealm wrote:

. I did wonder if it had anything to do with the sale but ebay said it didn't so any help would be appreciated.

I'm afraid this is exactly the reason - I added 3 items from your store to my cart, and the "request total" option is greyed with this showing up next to it when you click the "i" for information (unfortunately I don't know of a workaround, except for creating automatic postage discount rules):

Capture.PNG

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Someone else is also having problems paying for items in the cart.

Seems the cart is not working.

Perhaps for now add to the description in bulk for buyers to just buy n pay and you will refund anything over for combined postage as the cart is not working.

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Maybe the problem is at the BUYER'S end......they may have 'automatic payment' set up.

Here's the steps about removing the automatic payment checkout:

1.Go to My eBay.

2.Click Account

3.Select Personal Information

4.Scroll down to Financial Information

5.Click Remove on the right side of Checkout saved payment methods.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
Maybe the problem is at the BUYER'S end......they may have 'automatic payment' set up.

I have never had a saved payment method, and double-checked just to be absolutely certain, and the issue is occurring for me, using a PC (so not a mobile / app problem, either).

As far as I know, this is a recurring problem, at least it's been reported every so often for quite a while.

The OP has defined postage discounts stated in the listing, so it would be easier by far to just set up a flat rate postage rule that applies an automatic 20% discount to the postage cost of each additional item - no need to request an invoice then, and no need for the buyer to overpay and wait for a refund, or for the seller to pay extra FVFs.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

If they are international buyers and you use GSP they cannot request an invoice for combined postage, they must pay for every item individually and pay the full amount.  That is my recent experience. It is really turning me off buying anything using GSP

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@enesstee wrote:

If they are international buyers and you use GSP they cannot request an invoice for combined postage, they must pay for every item individually and pay the full amount.  That is my recent experience. It is really turning me off buying anything using GSP

There is no GSP for sellers in Australia, it's only in the UK and USA at the moment.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Some sellers don't offer combined postage as I have just found that out,but there was no where in the listings or the description that the seller doesn't combine.

I only got the message when I requested the total to only get a reply from ebay please pay for your order as the seller doesn't combine postage. Woman Frustrated

Spoiler

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Some sellers don't offer combined postage as I have just found that out,but there was no where in the listings or the description that the seller doesn't combine.

I only got the message when I requested the total to only get a reply from ebay please pay for your order as the seller doesn't combine postage. Woman Frustrated

Spoiler

Which doesn't mean the seller doesn't offer combined postage. There have been plenty of instances of this being reported, but the sellers DO offer it. It's eBay that causes the problems.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@enchantedbookrealm wrote:

I have 50% sale on all items but for some reason my buyers cannot request an invoice for combined postage using either buy it now or shopping cart. I have contacted ebay and they looked at my listings and said everything appeared OK and that buyers should be able to drop items into shopping cart and request and invoice but 3 buyers have told me that neither option allows them to request an invoice. I hope someone has some insight into this because it is frustrating and potentially losing me sales. I did wonder if it had anything to do with the sale but ebay said it didn't so any help would be appreciated.

I myself have used buy it now and shopping cart many times to request an invoice for combined postage so I really don't understand what is happening now.

Cheers, Trisha

Hi Trisha,

I have been exactly in the same situation. If a seller has a discount on any item eBay will disable  "Request total" in shopping cart. it is just a pure stupidity covered in ebay greed and there is nothing one can do apart from calling them as a seller  and as a buyer and demand eBay to stop doing it.

If your buyers are lucky they may get a voucher from eBay to reduce or completelly cover all shipping cost. If they are not you will loose these buyers.

The first time I hit this problem as a buyer I received a voucher to cover all postage cost and a pretty eBay employee who actually listenned and was willing to help. The second time I had to listen to silly suggestion that would lead to my seller to waste their time so it was a total waste of 40 minutes.

So the first time I saved $23 while it could go with just my seller reducing their postage by $25 and ebay not loosing anything(they lost $48 on the voucher). The second time eBay lost $20 on fees because I went and bought from my seller directly. I told eBay from the beginning that I know my seller shop outside of eBay and I would go and buy directly from them if eBay does not stop doing it but eBay did not seem to care.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply