demanded to provide double return label ??

tete_278
Community Member

Hi all

Long ranting. sorry.

I have been on ebay for years, have to say I'm experienced with many types of scammers.

3 days ago I received 2 return requests from a UK buyer, says the dresses were not as described; immediately I smelled something fishy.

The buyer was acting very angry, very upset, posted loooong messages to explain how garbage my items were, size wrong, material bad, stitches bad, pretty much everthing you can think of to complain about a garment, but at the same time she couldn't provide any evidence whatsoever.

Well, if the dresses were really garbage, how come the dozen sets I sold before never had any issue?

Anyway, she posted messages after messages, about 10 messages in total, if you add them up, it'd be about a thousand words already, no exaggeration; just basically stating the same BS: garbage item, give me refund, not paying return postage.

I know exactly what she was thinking, there's no way seller could provide international shipping label, so seller must refund, easy prey, right?

I also know ebay will always side with buyer in such case, so, I actually purchased a shipping label from Royal Mail website, costed me $24 roughly, and uploaded it.

This must had been a shock to the buyer, she's been silent ever since; not surprising because she never wanted to return the dresses in the first place, I knew it.

Now, new problem, if you've purchased shipping label from Royal Mail before, you'd know that their label is only valid for 2 days, yes, just 2 days.

There is no way anyone can adjust that, not even you pay extra, just 2 days, that's it, their policy.

The date is clearly stated on label, so you can't miss it.

Now the label is already expired, buyer is still silent, never returned anything.

I however emailed ebay UK, asking them when they can close the requests, you know, label expired already.

I was outraged by their reply, they told me that I must buy another label, because the one I provided was only valid for 2 days.

What BS is that?

Buyer knew it only lasts 2 days, the date was clearly printed on label !

Even if I really purchase another label, then what? It is still going to last for just 2 days, then what? Buy one more? and more?

It is Royal Mail's policy, not mine !

Is there an ebay policy somewhere that demands seller to provide return label more than once??

Please, enlighten me. 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: demanded to provide double return label ??

@satana_65 wrote:

if item was sent from australia it is an australian transaction and ebay over seas cannot legally get involved.. 

Incorrect, the buyer is overseas, so any dispute will be handled by that country's eBay claim process.

No different if you were to buy an item from overseas, any claim opened by you would be dealt with by eBay Australia.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: demanded to provide double return label ??

I may not be a lawyer, but I do know that when you sign up to buy or sell on eBay you acknowledge that you agree to their terms and conditions to use the site. 

Have a read through those policies some time, if nothing else it'll keep you quiet for a while.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 12
Latest reply