dodgy buyer problem

about 20 minutes ago i got an enquiry from a buyer in singapore requesting postage cost.

i messaged back i dont post to asia then put a block on his user name.

his username was registered today!

so now the item has sold to what i believe is the same person using another new username.

whats the best action to take?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dodgy buyer problem

David, this is covered under eBay's Unwelcome and malicious buying policy.

Buying with the intent to disrupt a listing 

Examples:

• Buyer places a bid that greatly exceeds the value of the item in order to prevent a sale.
  • Buyer bids on multiple items listed by a seller without intent to complete the sale.
  • Buyer attempts to purchase an item after having been placed on a seller's blocked bidder list.❞

eBay's "Have us call you" option is probably the best way to report this.

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

dodgy buyer problem

the buyer just paid the address shows western australia, but i was right his username is brand new

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

dodgy buyer problem

Probably just a coincidence david...............you could write a book about that.    true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

dodgy buyer problem

ok, i have it figured out.

i had a thread about my first negative feedback.

so this guy has created a new username to circumvent my blocks.

i know this because the fool has used the same paypal account.

now, should i contact ebay?

or post the item 'with signed for' so he cant clain not delivered?

my person thought is ring ebay and show them what this guy is doing as i dont want to post the item knowing this guy plans on making some claim to get his money back leaving me without my item.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

dodgy buyer problem

or post him a picture of the item, signed for lol

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

dodgy buyer problem

I would report to eBay and not complete the sale.  Circumventing a block is a policy violation.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

dodgy buyer problem

David, this is covered under eBay's Unwelcome and malicious buying policy.

Buying with the intent to disrupt a listing 

Examples:

• Buyer places a bid that greatly exceeds the value of the item in order to prevent a sale.
  • Buyer bids on multiple items listed by a seller without intent to complete the sale.
  • Buyer attempts to purchase an item after having been placed on a seller's blocked bidder list.❞

eBay's "Have us call you" option is probably the best way to report this.

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

dodgy buyer problem

Just a thought,  could you cancel sale with reason - something wrong with buyers address -  IE  the address and paypal belong to a blocked bidder

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

dodgy buyer problem

I'm curious as to where they live. If you check the paypal fees, if they're overseas the fees will be 3.6% + 30c instead of the usual 2.6% + 30c.

If they're using a forwarding address that just has a code instead of a person's name, AP don't cover these for SOD or insurance, or didn't last time I checked. I fairly recently cancelled a sale to a Chinese woman for this reason and gave the reason as a problem with the buyer's address.
Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

dodgy buyer problem

ok, i used your link and explained the situation and ebay have put into motion a cancellation.

i didnt get an answer to 'can this person just keep creating new usernames and buying my stuff'

had he not used the same paypal account he may well have gotten away with this.

the only other evidence i had were both sales were to western australia for 1 a car and 2 parts that fit the car.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply