eBay Guaranteed 3 Day Delivery

I just selected the Guaranteed 3 Day Delivery option in an eBay search for the first time. There were over 1/4 million items for sale without the filter and 54 results with 3 day guaranteed delivery. Youi'd have to say it hasn't caught on. No doubt eBay will eventually claim that both sellers and buyers have told us how much they love it-so we're making it compulsory!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Goes without saying that the powers that be, will bring this in and it will be set in concrete.

Maybe the buyers will be happy but I haven't heard of one seller who thinks this a wonderful idea,
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

No country based seller could guarantee a 3 day delivery so it would wipe out just about everyone of them as

they would have to send express and that would make postage too high.

Sellers from WA or sellers sending to WA would also fall into the same category.

Another ludicrous decision to try and make buyers happy but stab sellers in the back again,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

It might suit a small amount of sellers that use the express option as their standard postage.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

It could never be made compulsory, but if they really wanted to, they can do what they always do when they want to "incentivise" sellers to participate in something (their MO is to reward those who do, and punish those who don't - eg to be a Top Rated Seller in the US, you have to send 95% of your packages with tracking, so they're obvioulsy trying to get as many sellers as possible to send with tracking, and by awarding TRS for it, they increase the rankings of sellers who comply above sellers who don't). 

I don't really see that happening with this, though, because there are too many variables involved - guaranteed delivery is inspired by A's "Prime" service, something that buyers actually pay for via an annual fee, and isn't available on all items after years of the service being around, plus is facilitated by A's own distribution and delivery network. It will be interesting to see the Australian version of 'Prime', if / when they introduce it here, but I digress... The point is, taking it that one step further and making it compulsory is just far too impractical, and I'm sure even eBay can see that.

Don't forget that sellers can choose which areas of Australia they can guarantee deliveries to - I live in metro SA, I could guarantee delivery to other metro SA residents within 4 days, if I wanted to, but not to anywhere else, and I wouldn't need to use express post to do it. I won't, but I could. Also, a lot of major retailers using couriers and multiple distribution centres can take advantage of this, but I bet none of them are guaranteeing delivery to rural and remote areas. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Also, not everyone lives in an express post area, just to add to the problems.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

OK.  My search -

4 days delivery - none

3 days delivery - zero

2 days delivery - zilch

1 day delivery - nada

What an absolutely terrific refinement.

Working well, so far    slow clap.gif

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I got an email earlier today, part of which offered incentives to opt into the eGD.

That's what they have decided to call it. Smiley Surprised

So watch those spaces. Plus, it's Friday.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@davewil1964wrote:

I got an email earlier today, part of which offered incentives to opt into the eGD.

That's what they have decided to call it. Smiley Surprised

So watch those spaces. Plus, it's Friday.

Makes sense.

Image result for egad meme
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@imastawkawrote:

OK.  My search -

4 days delivery - none

3 days delivery - zero

2 days delivery - zilch

1 day delivery - nada

What an absolutely terrific refinement.

Working well, so far    slow clap.gif

Maybe it is working perfectly Stawks.....I have not heard of any sellers willing to risk using the terrific new system.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I have sent a parcel from VIC to TAS. I tracked it and watched it go via perth...so how can I rely on Aust Post doing their job.... and by them not doing their job they are throwing me under the bus. I am happy with au post but I am not about to guarentee their work.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply