eBay liar liar pants on fire

I have just received another email today telling me eBay has:

Upgraded 26 of your detailed seller rating(s) to five stars

This is:

Rubbish

Carp

BS

False claim

According to eBays own records - INCONSISTENT THOUGH THEY MAY BE - I have NOT received 26 detailed seller ratings in the past 12 months that require upgrading.  No matter which way you count it .... unless we times the number of lower DSRs by three at a minimum and half a dozen currently AND add a few randoms for good measure.

This whole defect thing is now at a new level of out of control.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: eBay liar liar pants on fire

I got an email from them today telling how awesome they are because they upgraded a single dsr for me. Apparently the same one they keep telling me about on a regular basis for nearly 12 months now.

Funny thing is, I never even knew I had a single dsr below 5 until they told me about it. Ignorance is bliss... but it seems ebay find it necessary to remind me monthly how they **bleep**ed up my little bliss bomb.

Message 11 of 35
Latest reply

I never got an email 😞

Message 12 of 35
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

I never got an email 😞

You must be on ebay's 'special list'. Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 35
Latest reply

147 dsrs upgraded here

i think they need to be asked specicfically what it is they are claiming. It sounds a bit vague

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 14 of 35
Latest reply

They are actually upgrading the DSR's  from when you started selling - so if you started in 2009 it's from then - they upgraded over 1000 of mine and I am very happy about it - they don't often give do they, so accept it with a smile Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 35
Latest reply

@downeyas wrote:

They are actually upgrading the DSR's  from when you started selling 

My email says that they removed defects (which weren't a thing when I started selling, anyway), and that they removed them this month, plus that it was for transactions made in the last year.

The problem is, when the defect system was introduced, I had exactly 0 defects for a few months.

I recently accrued 27 from one single buyer (bought 27 items, left a low rating for description for every single one, along with otherwise perfect FB). 

I got a couple of other defects, and in the last month or two, my dashboard was showing a total of 31 defect, which included the 27 from that one buyer.

In the last couple of weeks, 3 of the defects I have were no longer being counted because I have the 3-month evaluation period. 

The email I got from eBay says that they removed 27 defects from my seller dashboard.

It is an out and out lie, because I still have 28, if they had removed 27, the most I could possibly have at this point in time is 4 (but it would actually be 1 because - as I said - some of them aren't being counted in the current evaluation).

Message 16 of 35
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

I never got an email 😞

Well Sheep,

For what these waste of time emails are worth - we all could send you an email.

Message 17 of 35
Latest reply

I have several accounts and have also received these messages. I looked at each seller dashboard and nothing had changed.  I think they are trying to please sellers, but they don't realize sellers are a bit smarter than that. They don't just take it at face value, they check it out and find that it is all a big fat lie.

Don't they realize that you catch more flys with honey than with vinegar. If they treated sellers better offering incentives like more free listings or something, instead of punnishments like the carp we have now with defects and accounts frozen, they would have a lot more happy sellers.

Message 18 of 35
Latest reply

It's just more evidence to add to the massive list of how eBay is out of touch with its sellers. You wont find another supplier in the whole world with such a loyal customer base of customers that totally mistrust the supplier!

Message 19 of 35
Latest reply

I should be gratefull to eBay,

...unlike many others here they've informed me that I'm not defective

Your performance to date

0.00% of your transactions had defects

...true, I've not sold much or often, THANK GOD.

Given it appears a certainty that if I were to sell more often I would eventually then be deemed defective by eBay I am thus encouraged by this to sell less, or not at all, thanks ebay. Smiley Wink

I am just so glad to eBay for having told me I'm not defective, as I can't afford to pay a psychologist for the therapy that would be needed to make me whole again. Hmmm... but if I sold more on eBay I probably then could afford it... but then  if I don't sell more I have no reason to need to afford it... but then... oh god... **bleep**... this is doing my head in... the room is spinning now... **bleep** you eBay... you told me I'm not defective... **bleep**.. my head hurts now... I can't make any sense of it anymore... OMFG I must be **bleep**ing defective after all... **bleep**..

"You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"
Message 20 of 35
Latest reply