eBay pre-filling the comments part of feedback

5kazam
Community Member

I went to leave FB for a seller, and found the comments section pre-filled, with eBay stating to add further comment.  First of all thought the seller was being cheeky, but I needed to leave FB for another seller, and the same pre-fill was on that one also.  

Click on 'Positive' and it says 'Great find!  I've been looking for this and considered two other options.  This one looked most promising.  When I got it, it was even better than the picture.  Plus the extra detail in packaging made it perfect.'  (I bought a shower mat, so none of the above is relevant).

Click on 'Neutral' - 'The item is okay for what I wanted, but it was a little off based on the original listing.  Next time, take a photo with better lighting, so I can see the item better.'

I think it's pathetic of eBay to pre-fill what should be the buyer's own comments, and I personally think it will put a lot of buyers off leaving FB.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay pre-filling the comments part of feedback

Easy solution Kazam, just click on the feedback and when you start typing that comment disappears and yours takes it's place.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Easy solution Kazam, just click on the feedback and when you start typing that comment disappears and yours takes it's place.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks Padi.  I actually didn't think of that.  I tried to delete it, didn't work.  

But I wonder how many others will be as dumb as me!!??

And I still see no reason for eBay to pre-fill the comments in the first place.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

And I still see no reason for eBay to pre-fill the comments in the first place.

Ah Kazam, it's all to do with "enhancing our eBay experience"..........😂

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

And it no longer stored the drop down menu of past comments to make it easy and fast. Yet another 'enhanced experience'.  😠

That will probably deter people from leaving feedback. They're making things harder, not easier. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@pnc75 wrote:

They're making things harder, not easier. 

Very much like the changes to saved searches and saved sellers pnc, where I ended up deleting most of both searches because eBay made the simple searches much harder.  Who were the losers in that ?  Well both the sellers and myself...............and of course eBay because I am buying much less now.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply