eBay's massive 15% off every item this Sunday 22/6

Looks like a very big promotion is coming up for eBay. 15% off (some select accounts will have 25%) off an eBay purchase upto a maximum discount of $100

Hopefully this is good news for both buyers and sellers

Info, T&C's at http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Sunday

Message 1 of 85
Latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

@am*3 wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

Just had another look at the banner with the countdown clock on the promo page. Underneath, it says this:

From 10am to midnight AEST you'll see why. Find a big range of new & used items, handpicked & on sale.
Make space in your schedule for Big Sundays

So, I don't think it's 15% off all items on eBay, just whatever has been selected by eBay. 

Yet the T&C's don't mention handpicked items.

T & C's

3.  The offer entitles you to a 15% discount off the total purchase price (total purchase value of $50 or more) on one transaction on eBay.com.au during the Offer Period.

7. Capped at maximum discount of $100 per transaction.

Well, they wouldn't need to if the promotion is only on selected items, as the promotional page would outline that, and then the T&C's clarify any further limitations - the T&Cs don't make anything clear one way or another, TBH (i.e. they're not saying 15% discount off any item, nor only on the selected items).

It could be just that there will be selected items being showcased on the promo page, but the discount applies to anything. Time will tell, anyway. 

Message 41 of 85
Latest reply

How nice of them...

Message 42 of 85
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes ghost.

It did seem a bit crazy ( for eBay ) that 15% would be knocked off across the board.
9-10% maybe if they forewent the FVF but yes it's

DISCOVER 1000's OF DEALS, HAND-PICKED BY EBAY

Message 43 of 85
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's almost certainly from ebay's selection otherwise why not say

"15% off over 1 million items"

Message 44 of 85
Latest reply

Oh well there goes my shopping list ...Only 1 transaction per person ,so I need to find 1 seller who has everything I want

Message 45 of 85
Latest reply

You could always have one or more friends purchase additional items on your behalf, or even create another account in your OH's name.
Message 46 of 85
Latest reply

The ebay account has to have the same email address as the paypal account for this offer. Rule No. 7

Each ebay account has to have a different email address doesn't it?

Message 47 of 85
Latest reply

Yes it does, but you can always pay using Paypal express which would be perfectly legal.
Message 48 of 85
Latest reply

Am I the only person with a huge headache.

Would it not be easier to offer 10$ off anything bought and paid for on Sunday. That way we could eliminate the massive number of unpaid items, make more money for the poor basshed sellers, and Ebay could make extra commission.

But no we have to have ridiculous T&C's restrictive practices and pay ridiculously overpriced fees.

A great place to do business.

NOT

Message 49 of 85
Latest reply

The promotion has now started. Coupon code is CBIGSUNDAY.

Message 50 of 85
Latest reply