eBay's massive 15% off every item this Sunday 22/6

Looks like a very big promotion is coming up for eBay. 15% off (some select accounts will have 25%) off an eBay purchase upto a maximum discount of $100

Hopefully this is good news for both buyers and sellers

Info, T&C's at http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Sunday

Message 1 of 85
Latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

thanks boh, yes I realized that just after I clicked reply!  I am surprised it includes postage cost but obviously I didn't read the T&C properly.

Message 31 of 85
Latest reply

Not a whole heap of info out there, but....

http://deals.ebay.com.au/#sunday

http://mumbrella.com.au/ebay-rolls-integrated-campaign-targeting-screen-savvy-online-shoppers-231309

ETA: The T&C's state that there's an estimated 60K worth of coupons based on average shopper spend, so it looks like they've allocated a maximum spend for the campaign and once exhausted, no discount is available, so you'd wanna make sure you get in fast if you're going to take the fullest advantage (kinda risky if you don't get the code til after committing to purchase 😮 ).

Message 32 of 85
Latest reply

Dang it.. that was meant to be 60k coupons, not 60k worth of coupons. 

Message 33 of 85
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

Can anyone point out where it says sellers won't cop the (15%) loss?

I am concerned sellers will all start jacking their prices up to compensate...

Message 34 of 85
Latest reply

@chezzy wrote:

Can anyone point out where it says sellers won't cop the (15%) loss?

I am concerned sellers will all start jacking their prices up to compensate...

I don't think eBay has the power (for lack of a better word) to discount items on a seller's behalf - they just couldn't get away with forcing someone to take less than their asking price (if the sellers had to provide the discount, it would have to be via an opt-in kind of thing, I'd think). 

They've run similar campaigns in the past, and the seller receives the full amount for the order, so the shortfall would have to be provided by eBay.

Message 35 of 85
Latest reply

Just had another look at the banner with the countdown clock on the promo page. Underneath, it says this:

From 10am to midnight AEST you'll see why. Find a big range of new & used items, handpicked & on sale.
Make space in your schedule for Big Sundays

So, I don't think it's 15% off all items on eBay, just whatever has been selected by eBay. 

Message 36 of 85
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

Both eBay and PayPal accounts were active, and up to date at the time - no changes from my end.  The problem was as stated in my post above.

Hi shazm.. my post wasn't directed at you, just hit reply and last post thing.Smiley Happy

I posted rule no 12. for general info.

This id of mine I am posting with ( I use it to buy as well), doesn't have the same email address as my paypal account. So I thought others might have the same issue, re the conditions for the 15% off.

Message 37 of 85
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Just had another look at the banner with the countdown clock on the promo page. Underneath, it says this:

From 10am to midnight AEST you'll see why. Find a big range of new & used items, handpicked & on sale.
Make space in your schedule for Big Sundays

So, I don't think it's 15% off all items on eBay, just whatever has been selected by eBay. 

Yet the T&C's don't mention handpicked items.

T & C's

3.  The offer entitles you to a 15% discount off the total purchase price (total purchase value of $50 or more) on one transaction on eBay.com.au during the Offer Period.

7. Capped at maximum discount of $100 per transaction.

Message 38 of 85
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

So...we commit to making a purchase, don't see the magic coupon code because the

allocation has run out, decide not to proceed with payment and get slapped with a

NPB dispute.

Perhaps the coupon code will appear at the screen after you select Buy it Now and

before you Commit to Purchase.

Message 39 of 85
Latest reply

I have been told that the coupon code will appear on Sunday morning at the bottom of your "My eBay" tab and will be removed once the quota has been met, so if you don't see the code in that drop down menu, don't buy, it's over.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 40 of 85
Latest reply