eBay withholding Seller funds for 21 days. Outrageous.

Good Morning,

eBay has announced they will be withholding all payments from all Sellers for a period of 21 days.

As far as I can see this is Unlawful.

eBay is simply a web site that facilitates a transaction between a Seller and a Buyer. They have no right to interfere with the payment, and certainly they have no right to withhold funds under the guise of ensuring safety of the transaction.

They are simply using this to keep massive amounts of Sellers funds and earn Interest, while we site here out of pocket for 21 days.

They say -
a)
if you have sold less than 25 products within 90 days they will withhold funds - to ensure you are an honest seller. Garbage.

b)
if we do sell more than 25 items in 90 days, then next time we only sell 4, we again are left without receiving payment for 21 days.

This is not just for Newby sellers. I have been with eBay since 2007.

In any event, PayPal has a process of protecting the Buyer and Seller in the event something goes wrong with the transaction, namely, PayPal will refund the Buyer or Seller.

So is this just a way for PayPal to mitigate their losses, by pushing the problem back to eBay and using eBay to hold funds under the guise of protecting customers, so PayPal can weazel its way out of its promoted security scheme ?

Moreover we all know eBay and PayPal transactions are dropping thus is this a way for PayPal as the owner to generate Interest on the back of Sellers funds they are withholding unlawfully for 21 days ?

This is outrageous and must be stopped.

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

@bakeandfry wrote:
Paypal policy for funds release is
* 3 days after delebery (tracking, and marked as posted)
*7 days after estimated delivery (non tracked and marked as posted)
*21 days after estimated delivery, and not marked as posted)
If paypal dont comply, lodge a complaint with FOS.

Is that posted somewhere had a look on paypal could not find it. I have started 3 selling account all 3 had 90 days hold I found it was 21 days hold as soon as the items sold then it went down to 14-18 days once either tracking information was put in or I clicked sent. 

Message 11 of 60
Latest reply

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/payment_unavailable.html

Thats from ebay, i cant find it on paypal at the moment, but i know its right because my FOS case manager sent me a letter with that info on it.

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 12 of 60
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

Easier than answering the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over

for everybody

Would it not be easier to just ignore the posts rather than trying to make people look silly. Not everyone uses these forums as a local hang out, like a group of you do, This is a forum for sellers to ask questions and have a rant if you do not like certain post it would be better to just skip the posts rather than trying, badly, to belittle people unless of course you get joy from that But I would say that says more about you than the occasional poster.

Yes they could use the search function but then you could skip posts or be civil rather than sarcastic to new posters I guess no one is perfect. 

Yes I know the grumpy 4 will TRY to put me down but serious I do not care I am sure you know that by now so knock yourselves out go for it.

They did use the search function, obviously

The OP had already dredged up an old thread that gave them all the answers they needed.

Why start a new one?

I gave the link to that very same thread. 

Where was the sarcasm?     I was stating fact 

You, too, can scroll on by BTW

Message 13 of 60
Latest reply

which ones are 'the grumpy 4'?

Message 14 of 60
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

Not everyone uses these forums as a local hang out, like a group of you do,
And where would these boards be without the small core group of knowledgeable posters who give up their time to answer the same questions time after time?
And what is rude or sarcastic about posting a link to a previous thread where the question has been answered before or a link to the ebay policy in question.
Both methods answer the question that was asked without wasting anybody's time.
Message 15 of 60
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

Easier than answering the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over

for everybody

Would it not be easier to just ignore the posts rather than trying to make people look silly. Not everyone uses these forums as a local hang out, like a group of you do, This is a forum for sellers to ask questions and have a rant if you do not like certain post it would be better to just skip the posts rather than trying, badly, to belittle people unless of course you get joy from that But I would say that says more about you than the occasional poster.

Yes they could use the search function but then you could skip posts or be civil rather than sarcastic to new posters I guess no one is perfect. 

Yes I know the grumpy 4 will TRY to put me down but serious I do not care I am sure you know that by now so knock yourselves out go for it.

They did use the search function, obviously

The OP had already dredged up an old thread that gave them all the answers they needed.

Why start a new one?

I gave the link to that very same thread. 

Where was the sarcasm?     I was stating fact 

You, too, can scroll on by BTW

As a matter of fact that thread does not answer everything it is a FACT I learned something new because of this thread because and another person who shared info.

Apart from the URL you posted (which is of very little use) everything else you said was a sad attempt to belittle the OP and that says  lot more about you, as a person, that anything else.

Not everyone can spend 8 hours every day here like your grumpy little group does, some people have lives.

I could scroll on and a LOT of the time I do but it get boring reading the same people being negative about other people here and there is no need for it and this is not the place for it. So this time I decided not to scroll on

Message 16 of 60
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

I'm guessing one spot is reserved for me  

You get to guess which one is me

Message 17 of 60
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

I am sure we could all work it out David, but let's not prempt the OP giving us an answer....just in case he has a different view of the regular posters.

Message 18 of 60
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

Not everyone uses these forums as a local hang out, like a group of you do,
And where would these boards be without the small core group of knowledgeable posters who give up their time to answer the same questions time after time?
And what is rude or sarcastic about posting a link to a previous thread where the question has been answered before or a link to the ebay policy in question.
Both methods answer the question that was asked without wasting anybody's time.

You THINK you are knowledge but you are not always right in your answers and a lot of what you do is just gossip and pat each other on the back that URL does not answer the question and the sarcasist remarks hewlp no one 

Message 19 of 60
Latest reply

As a matter of fact that thread does not answer everything it is a FACT I learned something new because of this thread because and another person who shared info.

That thread answered what the OP wanted to know.

If you need to know something different, then start your own thread

edit:  what URL are you referring to?

Message 20 of 60
Latest reply