eBay withholding Seller funds for 21 days. Outrageous.

Good Morning,

eBay has announced they will be withholding all payments from all Sellers for a period of 21 days.

As far as I can see this is Unlawful.

eBay is simply a web site that facilitates a transaction between a Seller and a Buyer. They have no right to interfere with the payment, and certainly they have no right to withhold funds under the guise of ensuring safety of the transaction.

They are simply using this to keep massive amounts of Sellers funds and earn Interest, while we site here out of pocket for 21 days.

They say -
a)
if you have sold less than 25 products within 90 days they will withhold funds - to ensure you are an honest seller. Garbage.

b)
if we do sell more than 25 items in 90 days, then next time we only sell 4, we again are left without receiving payment for 21 days.

This is not just for Newby sellers. I have been with eBay since 2007.

In any event, PayPal has a process of protecting the Buyer and Seller in the event something goes wrong with the transaction, namely, PayPal will refund the Buyer or Seller.

So is this just a way for PayPal to mitigate their losses, by pushing the problem back to eBay and using eBay to hold funds under the guise of protecting customers, so PayPal can weazel its way out of its promoted security scheme ?

Moreover we all know eBay and PayPal transactions are dropping thus is this a way for PayPal as the owner to generate Interest on the back of Sellers funds they are withholding unlawfully for 21 days ?

This is outrageous and must be stopped.

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

@imastawka wrote:

As a matter of fact that thread does not answer everything it is a FACT I learned something new because of this thread because and another person who shared info.

That thread answered what the OP wanted to know.

If you need to know something different, then start your own thread

Even if it did , which is does not, all you need to do is post the URL there was no need for the sarcasm that went with it I really can not see how you can think that is a good thing and benifical to anyone. Once again I will say the sarcasm says more about you as a person than anything else

Message 21 of 60
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

As a matter of fact that thread does not answer everything it is a FACT I learned something new because of this thread because and another person who shared info.

Even if it did , which is does not, all you need to do is post the URL there was no need for the sarcasm that went with it I really can not see how you can think that is a good thing and benifical to anyone. Once again I will say the sarcasm says more about you as a person than anything else

My original reply at post #2 -

* sigh

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Can-PayPal​-Legally-Withhold-Money-From-Ebay-Sales-For-21-Da...

Is it the  *sigh  that you deem to be sarcasm?

I already explained that the OP had previously dredged up an old thread.

It was not sarcasm, but frustration

Can we put this to bed now?

Message 22 of 60
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

Not everyone uses these forums as a local hang out, like a group of you do,
And where would these boards be without the small core group of knowledgeable posters who give up their time to answer the same questions time after time?
And what is rude or sarcastic about posting a link to a previous thread where the question has been answered before or a link to the ebay policy in question.
Both methods answer the question that was asked without wasting anybody's time.

You THINK you are knowledge but you are not always right in your answers and a lot of what you do is just gossip and pat each other on the back that URL does not answer the question and the sarcasist remarks hewlp no one 

Can you point out where I have given a wrong answer?  

What do you see as gossip?  And where have I posted gossip on the trading boards?

The only place for gossip is in CS and usually to Moderators will move thread that should be there if they have been posted on the trading boards.

As for patting each other on the back....I presume you mean giving kudos.  If a member has given a correct answer it is far easier and quicker to kudo it than writing it all out again.  That is the whole idea of the kudo button.

Message 23 of 60
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

My original reply at post #2 -

* sigh

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Can-PayPal​-Legally-Withhold-Money-From-Ebay-Sales-For-21-Da...

Is it the  *sigh  that you deem to be sarcasm?

I already explained that the OP had previously dredged up an old thread.

It was not sarcasm, but frustration

Can we put this to bed now?

Now read the next posts until I posted if you was new to this forum, or a lurker, would that of made you feel welcome? No it would not . This forum is not a playground for a few people even though you use it like it is. It is a place for all ebayers and I can 100% guarantee, that what you think is fun and games stop people using this forum.This is NOT your personal playground so do not use it as if it is

Message 24 of 60
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

And where would these boards be without the small core group of knowledgeable posters who give up their time to answer the same questions time after time?
And what is rude or sarcastic about posting a link to a previous thread where the question has been answered before or a link to the ebay policy in question.

You THINK you are knowledge but you are not always right in your answers and a lot of what you do is just gossip and pat each other on the back that URL does not answer the question and the sarcasist remarks hewlp no one 

What do you see as gossip?  And where have I posted gossip on the trading boards?

The only place for gossip is in CS and usually to Moderators will move thread that should be there if they have been posted on the trading boards.

As for patting each other on the back....I presume you mean giving kudos.  If a member has given a correct answer it is far easier and quicker to kudo it than writing it all out again.  That is the whole idea of the kudo button.

I want waste my time because trying to get a point across to you is like banging your head against a wall painful and pointless

Message 25 of 60
Latest reply

So now you're a moderator?

And you can tell who can post and not post?

Message 26 of 60
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

So now you're a moderator?

And you can tell who can post and not post?

I have not said you can not post, damn you love twisting things, I said you using sarcasm and belittling people  says a lot more about YOU as a person that anything else. I love the way you lot can dish it out but as soon as it comes back all hell breaks out and you do ANYTHING to try to FEEL good about yourself

Message 27 of 60
Latest reply

This could go on all day.       And I'm not prepared to do that.        I'm done

Message 28 of 60
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

I want waste my time because trying to get a point across to you is like banging your head against a wall painful and pointless

Thank you....you have answered my questions.....you can't actually give an answer so you wimp out.

Message 29 of 60
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

This could go on all day.       And I'm not prepared to do that.        I'm done

I was NEVER trying to get you to agree because I have already found out you will call the sky pink to make your point.

Message 30 of 60
Latest reply