ebay are deleting my items

I recently had 53 items that I knew would disappear from my unsold section as they were nearly 60 days old. I forgot to send them to my lists to save them and they were deleted from ebay.

when I went through my book to see which items they were, i discovered that ebay have deleted nearly 80 items.

I have started going through my other accounts and am finding items that have disappeared from them as well.

I keep a close eye on my item dates and know when each one will run out. I always relist the oldest first.

Something strange is happening here, Items shouldn't go missing when they are under 60 days old.

Could It be another glitch or a way to rid ebay of small sellers?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: ebay are deleting my items

I think I have been having the same thing. In the MyEbay section of selling manager the number (next to active listings) would drop every now and then. I have lost about 20 items over about 3 months.

The  other stats like open cases, etc....randomly change all the time. I thought it might have just been a false number but when checking active listing through search it comes up with the same number.

At first I thought it might have been the listings with zero quantity (still active as I selected that in options) that have been sitting for a while. I assume ebay must delete them after an amount of time.

I actually had an email from a customer recently asking if I had an item and to my surprise the listing was gone, plenty of stock. So they are definately dissapearing.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Ebay will automatically delete any items in unsold that are older than 60 days. I try not to leave any unsold in the unsold section and delete any that have been relisted. There is no glitch in the system and this is what ebay has always done. They only give you 60 days to let you know what items are relisted or yet to be relisted.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I have found items disappearing long before they are 60 days old. I just don't know why.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

if you are SURE that items are under 60 days old, give Ebay a ring......

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/home?
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

If they ended less than 90 days ago, click on any listing of yours and when it opens, click on see other items. Then select the "completed" link on the left. Listings will stay in there for 90 days, so you can probably relist from there if you know which ones are missing. It still doesn't solve the problem of them disappearing, but at least you can hopefully relist them before they disappear for good.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@debonnairefashions wrote:

Ebay will automatically delete any items in unsold that are older than 60 days. I try not to leave any unsold in the unsold section and delete any that have been relisted. There is no glitch in the system and this is what ebay has always done. They only give you 60 days to let you know what items are relisted or yet to be relisted.

Sure thats not 90 days, mine are there for 90, I relist some between 60-90 days old. Not impossible some have disappeared without my knowledge though

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@lane-ends wrote:

Sure thats not 90 days, mine are there for 90, I relist some between 60-90 days old. Not impossible some have disappeared without my knowledge though

Maybe in SMP if you have a store, but in My eBay Selling, it's 60 days. Mine go back to Jan 11. Under completed listings when you view all items, it goes back to Dec 11 - 90 days. That's why I suggested searching that way.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

All my pics are on my computer.

All my descriptions are in Word files.

They stay in their respective places until the item is sold.

Easy, no fuss. Especially no reliance on eBay to run my business, as that is what I'm supposed to do.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@lane-ends wrote:

Maybe in SMP if you have a store, but in My eBay Selling, it's 60 days. Mine go back to Jan 11. Under completed listings when you view all items, it goes back to Dec 11 - 90 days. That's why I suggested searching that way.

That must be it, store owners have 90 days,

I have nearly been caught out a few times thinking it is 3 months and left it a couple of days too late.

I used to list everything but since sales slowed I limit it to only the 500 included free listings for stores to keep fees down, and just rotate stock so it changes things up a bit, and stays more season appropriate too. So there is always a few hundred sitting in unsold.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply