ebay payout emails. how to stop them?

greetings, could someone be kind enough to let me know how i can change receiving emails from Ebay notifying me my payout has been sent? i don't really need them as i can monitor it from the ebay page or see them in my bank account.

I've looked in seller settings & ebay communication preferences & cannot find it anywhere, TIA

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you on daily payments ? You could go to weekly and then only have to put up with 52 payment emails a year instead of 365.  Agreed the ebay emails are totally out of hand. Many thousand every year.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Not sure if you can stop them, but you can mark them as spam so they no longer appear in your inbox.

Since you get all messages inside the seller hub anyway, you shouldn't miss anything important.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

thanks, but then it will also block the sold item emails since they both come from the same email address....

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

@clickbaitoz wrote:

thanks, but then it will also block the sold item emails since they both come from the same email address....

You could do it based on the subject line, if it contains ''eBay has sent your payout''

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

ok i'll try that, not sure if Yahoo email is that sophisticated though as i use it for Ebay emails

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Are you on daily payments ? You could go to weekly and then only have to put up with 52 payment emails a year instead of 365.  Agreed the ebay emails are totally out of hand. Many thousand every year.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I have a yahoo address too - you can set up a filter with your specifications and where to send the unwanted messages.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I would actually like to know how to turn them on.   I drew a complete zero looking as well.

One account gets them, the second account doesn't ?

I am on weekly payouts.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Hi

Typical eBay stupidity. The messages all offer the option:

"Update your email preferences

You're receiving this email based on your eBay account preferences. To change which emails you receive from eBay, go to Communication preferences in My eBay."

But.. the communication preferences do not include any option to a) just avoid emails altogether or b) control the ebay administrivia emails, which are duplicated in the eBay Messages Inbox and your email address Inbox, creating nothing but significant noise. Counter-productive, time-consuming, wasted effort managing messages that are redundant. 

I expect the biggest single issue is that the project managers and developers of this software never actually use the software from a sellers perspective other than minor test examples. Put them into a sellers shoes for a month dealing with thousands of useless email messages might help but I doubt it. 

In any case, if you are not getting notifications from ebay in one account, then that account is probably filtering the emails as spam. 

cheers

Tony

P.S. This message contains invalid HTML referencing the communications link to ebay......  kind of ironic...

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

"you could go to weekly and then only have to put up with 52 payment emails a year instead of 365.  " 

i actually thought of this just before reading the rest of these replies, clever me lol, but thanks, it will make it slightly less painful. I might also try the yahoo filters as several members have suggested.

well said antiquetoyworld, if its annoying to me as a very part time hobby seller, i hate to think what its like for high volume sellers.  It does seem obvious the people who design these things never use them, someone should chain one of them to a desk & force them to use their own software for a month as punishment lol

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply