Managed funds on hold. Needing to upload verification letter.

Friday 24th Sept I was asked for a letter to verify my account and that my funds were on hold. Even though I have been successfully working with managed funds for 5 months already. I uploaded the required letter and was advised it would be verified in 2 days. Then after 2 days ebay is asking for the letter again. I uploaded the letter for the second time and the same thing. 2 days later they are asking me again. I reported to ebay and they just tell me to wait. I need my funds desperately. I don't know what to do next.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Have you tried live chat to explain your problem? They can't always fix problems, but if you need the money urgently, maybe you can try.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Yes 3 times already. They just repeat to wait another 24-48  hours. One representative told me this is effecting every user but I find that hard to believe....

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

They have done the same to me and now I have no item and no funds what they are doing is ILLEGAL ! They are accumulating peopleโ€™s money on hold and making interest off it .. I am going to the police they cannot hold people funds for no reason there are laws against it especially when you have already given up the item as well , we should be able to put a hold on their fees ! Bet they would soon have a whinge ... I have just closed down my eBay sales and shutting my accounts after selling on eBay for twenty plus years and this is now the way they treat people they can STICK IT ! Iโ€™m going elsewhere and others would do well to also .. who do they think they are withholding people money ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

That was supposed to say no item and no funds . Sorry silly auto correct ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

If you bothered to read the T&C's  you have agreed to, you would have known your funds would be held.

You might even understand that what ebay is doing is legal, and that funds on hold do not accrue interest and can not be used for any purpose by ebay.

Have fun with the Police

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

What letter did they require from you for the verification?

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@tinytreasures4ebony wrote:

They have done the same to me and now I have no item and no funds what they are doing is ILLEGAL ! They are accumulating peopleโ€™s money on hold and making interest off it .. I am going to the police they cannot hold people funds for no reason there are laws against it especially when you have already given up the item as well , we should be able to put a hold on their fees ! Bet they would soon have a whinge ... I have just closed down my eBay sales and shutting my accounts after selling on eBay for twenty plus years and this is now the way they treat people they can STICK IT ! Iโ€™m going elsewhere and others would do well to also .. who do they think they are withholding people money ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

Interesting. 

You started the bidding at $1.

What would the outcome be if it had sold for $1?

Would you have sent it off to the winning bidder?

Or withheld the item hoping for a better price?

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

I think most of us know the answer to that.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Withholding funds isn't illegal. Ebay aren't making interest from your money. A massive assumption from so many, but not true. I am not an ebay employee. There is nothing illegal going on.

That said, it's a shame you have decided to shut shop, because you have some nice stuff. I freaking LOVE Chrysophrase. It has to be the apple green, not the washed out blue/green that is the norm. I have some rough stones that are the apple green. They are proudly displayed on my mantlepiece.

If you do decide to reopen your listings, put the size of the rings in. I used to be a size J, I'm now an L (yeah, I got fat, sue me!). It will help buyers decide whether to buy or not.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply