ebaymag has corrupted my available stock inventory!

I received an invite a few days ago for ebaymag to list internationally. I found the offer interesting as I currently only list on ebay Australia but have a significant amount of sales going overseas. So I followed the link and when I found out that it seemed to be going to duplicate my listings on each, rather than have the current one showing, on the international sites I stopped going any further. A big issue for me as I have over a 1000 listings but around 10000 variations and it would be impossible to keep them all up to date. No harm done you would think.....

Over the next few days I received orders for variations of items that I never had listed as available. When I inspected these listings I found that the available quantity had been altered from my pre-ebaymag process. For eg items that had 14 variations but only 3 in stock now had 68 in stock over the variations. I also noted that each variation now had a unique sku code that had not been there previously. I have  have relied on my ebay listings for the most accurate stock on hand numbers but with this corruption I am now screwed!

Today I have had to holt all sales by putting my self on time away and hiding all listings. I estimate that taking a stock take and manually updating listings on ebay will take me at minimum 8 weeks! During such time I will have no sales and no income. As someone that has had to holt business for almost 6 months last year due to lost/late deliveries and countless lockdowns in Melbourne, this may be the last straw for me.

Has any one else experienced problems with ebaymag? I will be contacting ebay support about this tomorrow but would appreciate any feedback from sellers that have had any issues with ebaymag.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there,

Could you please confirm how you resolved an issue? 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I've just tried using eBaymag, but gave up and deleted all the listings I'd added. It was turning into a nightmare, with duplicated listings and free postage offered on international sales.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Unfortunately there was no resolution so I ended up ending all listings and started relisting from scratch. 5 months later and I only have a third of my listings relisted and have had a significant down turn in sales as a result.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I had the exact same thing happen, and ebay support had a solution - simply revise my listings and fix the quantities to the actual quantities I have on hand! How easy?!

Luckily for me, I only ruined a few of my listings, but it still took a week to manually stocktake. That and it completely wiped out my SKUs, replacing them with their own.

The worst part was, there was no consistency to the wrong stock levels, so I couldn't just subtract 10, or minus the sold from the active etc. It really just seemed to be random.

I read this thread about 15 minutes after signing up for ebaymag, I only wish it were 15 minutes before.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply