has eBay management lost the plot

hi can anyone explain has ebay mangemant  has lost the plot of running e bay 

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I was unaware they ever had a plot to start with? true,it's gotten worse in all areas, but it's never been 'great'

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

@sayed26698 wrote:

hi can anyone explain has ebay mangemant  has lost the plot of running e bay 

Which plot - they have lost the lot.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

I don't think you wll find any eBay management board members lurking in the forums, and they are the only ones who would know what the plot is, let alone whether eBay has lost it. 

Seriously though, I'm sure they have a detailed business plan and I'm equally sure it is probably going exactly as they intended.  They are just not inclined to let us in on the details.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You are obviously upet with ebay, judging by the posts you are making on many different threads.

If you want constructive help it would be a good idea to let us know exactly what has upet you...we are not mind readers.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

i'm sure they had a plot once, it was creating a site where people with things to sell could get together with people who wanted to buy things. make a little profit in the middle there somewhere. but now the plot is just make profits, lots of profits, more profits, did i mention make big profits. really dont care much about people selling and buying anymore.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Exactly how have they lost the plot?

I'm not saying that everything on ebay is great, I know it isn't.

But I used to sell a lot on ebay about 11-13 years back. It was a different world & ebay had some faults then too. The main one, as I see it, was that buyers had to take a leap of faith & trust they would get what they paid for.

Sure, both buyers & sellers could give neg feedback but that gives absolutely no joy or satisfaction if a seller has done a runner with your money, believe me.

Does anyone remember another site that was like an aussie version of ebay-it was called 'sold'. That had a spate of bad publicity and shut down & it seemed ebay had no competition.

But in the last decade, just about every retail store & lots of other online shopping sites have become available. And those sites are just about 100% reliable, plus often have sale prices on a range of items. Ebay now has plenty of competition.

Ebay managers are there to run a business and make money & if they hadn't made some changes, I think ebay could have folded.

I am sure ebay will keep changing too.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

I used to sell on Sold springy, from memory, eBay bought them out and then closed it down.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Now why doesn't that surprise me.???????????????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

I noticed a seller with 3,000+ listings, many duplicate. Same item, different title.  Informed them of 40+....there are many more, but after 1 week they are still listed.

Is it that the sellers making big profits every mont h for ebay are 'above the law'?

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply