Seller Hub

pnc75
Community Member

Am very interested to learn people's opinions about seller hub, seeing that it's soon to be foisted upon us. 

Any contributions (at your leisure) re pros and cons would be greatly appreciated.  TIA

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Seller Hub

I really like the Hub.  It has a lot of stuff that is of no interest to me so I just ignore those bits.  If it lacks any links to pages you frequent, just set them up as shortcuts in the "shortcut" section of the hub (I have over 15 shortcuts that take me wherevever I want to go with one click).

Message 2 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

The very best, easy to use, has all the details you need, excellent for sale by way of the Draft, to set your selling up.

Easy to up load Tracking numbers, and all the details when you recieve feed back.

Shows all your Active Listings, once again the best page eBay has.

Message 3 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

You can save up to 50 different templates so that when you have something new to list you only have to make minimal changes, eg. set up a template for each different category you list in, with several variations.
Message 4 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

Overall we quite like it, although we're still learning.

Just found something we don't particularly like - when relisting from the "ended" page (the old "unsold"), the only way to see how many views an item had is to go into each individual listing.

As we use this detail, among other things, to decide when and whether to relist an item, and whether to adjust the price, the old page was better in that respect.
Message 5 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

I find it saves time marking items as posted and leaving feedback. It can all be done from the view order page.

The active listings page is fantastic - if I need to edit a particular listing I can search for it on the active page using keywords in the title and do it from there instead of having to scroll through pages of active listings to find it.

The active page gives you a total dollar value for all your listed items, for anyone who's interested.

You can go directly from the overview to the orders that need posting. As you mark each one as sent they disappear off that list but can be found on the page for all orders posted. On one ID I think it said I can now bulk mark them as sent.

You can sort your active page lots of different ways, eg. price, start date, time left, etc. You can also customise the columns so they're in the order you want them, and leave some off if you don't want them and they just clutter things up. I shifted a few columns around so the number of views & watchers, and the available quantity were easier to see.

If you sell multiples of anything, when some sell, on the order page it shows how many sold as well as how many are still available, which saves me having to open the listing and check whether it needs updating.

Notes are more obvious on the seller hub lists (active, sold, unsold) than they are on the all selling page.

I've never been able to bulk edit descriptions using find & replace in the past but last week I was able to do it through seller hub. It saved me HOURS of editing part of my terms in all my listings.

You can do a LOT of customising to suit your needs, both on the overview page and on individual pages. You'll just have to click on the links and have a play.

The main thing to remember is that you can always go back to the All Selling page by clicking on the View My Ebay Selling link under Selling Tools (in the first box, unless I've moved mine). Once you get used to the other pages you'll start to use them a lot more.
Message 6 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

I only used the basic system before and it never showed the amounts still available in Unsold, but seller hub does show me. I find it quite handy.

Have you checked the Unsold section of the All Selling page to see whether the views still show there?  I've never used Selling Manager but I presume you used to use either it or SMP because I never used to see the views in unsold.

Message 7 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

You can view your sales for different periods of time, eg. last month, this month, last 30 days, etc. Be aware that it includes the item price plus the postage cost though. You can still see the last 60 days figure on the old Sold page in All Selling (without the postage).

To follow up on what was said about the shortcuts list on the overview page, you can insert the URL for any shortcuts you want on the list, and label them however you want them to appear on the list. You could easily put a link there to the Community page.
Message 8 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

For those who don't know how to open a link in another tab so you can switch between more than one page at once (instead of going back and forward all the time), instead of clicking on the link with the left button of the mouse, click on it with the wheel on the mouse. When you've finished with that tab you can just close it and you've still got the first one.

Message 9 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

If you schedule items as much as I do and you ever need to reschedule anything, in seller hub you can do it to the minute. In the old format you could only reschedule on the hour, quarter past, half past and quarter to. I used to find that quite frustrating, so a big tick from me in that regard!
Message 10 of 45
Latest reply