Seller Hub

pnc75
Community Member

Am very interested to learn people's opinions about seller hub, seeing that it's soon to be foisted upon us. 

Any contributions (at your leisure) re pros and cons would be greatly appreciated.  TIA

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Seller Hub

When I leave feedback it allows me to choose from previous comments I've used. For some reason I couldn't do that before but had to do them from scratch each time.
Message 11 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

When you customise your pages (eg. active) you can make the columns narrower so more fit across the page if you need them.

I was just having a look at the search feature on the active page and you can search your own listings by ebay Plus to see which ones it's on (if applicable). You can search by lots of different criteria but so far I've only searched by the title. Other options include searching according to postage or return policies, searching by price (specific price or everything above or below a particular price), or bringing up all listings with a specific number available (or those below or above a specific number). There's heaps more options to sort your own listings to check things.
Message 12 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

pnc75
Community Member

I suspect I'll be asking lots of questions when it starts! Woman LOL   (Warning in advance).

Message 13 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

I found something I really don't like. On the All Orders page and on the Paid and Posted page it only shows the dollar total for each order and not the individual amounts for each item in the order.

There was a link to go back to the old format, which isn't the same as the old Sold page I used before Seller Hub. I knew I was taking a risk because I didn't know what I was going back to, and I like the old page even less but now I seem to be stuck with it.
Message 14 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

Take a deep breath and jump in with both feet!  Better to choose when it starts than have ebay choose the most inconvenient time for you.  I've had plenty of time lately to have a look around because I couldn't do a lot else.  When they first opted me in ages ago it was when I was under a lot of pressure (that particular day) and I didn't have time to mess around so I opted out straight away.  I regret it now, just as it didn't take me long to regret opting out of business policies when they first came in, but I soon regretted it.

Message 15 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

I only used the basic system before and it never showed the amounts still available in Unsold, but seller hub does show me. I find it quite handy.

Have you checked the Unsold section of the All Selling page to see whether the views still show there?  I've never used Selling Manager but I presume you used to use either it or SMP because I never used to see the views in unsold.

Yes, we've been using Selling Manager Pro for a couple of years.  Just checked and you're right about the All Selling unsold page.

Seller Hub seems to be a merger of SMP and All Selling, with a few tweaks and extra bits added.

Many of the pages (apart from the overview) are similar to SMP and have many of the same features, which is a real plus for sellers once they get used to it.  I actually use it more than my other half as I do all the computer work, and he prefers things to stay the same so he can understand them easily (but he'll learn it quickly enough when he has to).

The only 2 negatives we've noticed so far is the one already mentioned in Unsold, and also that the Sold items page doesn't show if the item was an Auction or BIN.

Message 16 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

When we returned we were disappointed to learn that Turbolister was no more. We started with a third party app called Wonderlister - very good, but not without its own idiosyncrasies. Tried the Hub and haven’t looked back. Generally speaking it’s a good bit of kit, but can be better. I hope eBay spend the time now to finish the job and fine tune it to perfection.

I think it’s a very good piece of work.

Melina.

Message 17 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

pnc75
Community Member

Thank you all so much. It certainly sounds worthwhile. Will try to make time to have a go at it during the week. 

Message 18 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

A good place to start is to have your overview page set up with all the options and then click on each and every link. It’s amazing the information at hand. But then you can decide how much of it is relevant to you, hide what’s not, and build it to how you want the page to look - personalise it. 

As I think already mentioned, the my eBay selling link, is a particularly good one. You’ll get used to it all very quickly, just don’t be frightened to click click!!

Mel.

Message 19 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

@clubesquire wrote:

When we returned we were disappointed to learn that Turbolister was no more. We started with a third party app called Wonderlister - very good, but not without its own idiosyncrasies. Tried the Hub and haven’t looked back. Generally speaking it’s a good bit of kit, but can be better. I hope eBay spend the time now to finish the job and fine tune it to perfection.

I think it’s a very good piece of work.

Melina.

Agreed about TurboLister - and at the time, eBay promised a replacement which we are yet to see. From what I recall, drafts disappear after so many days, or something? I've been reluctant to store listings as drafts for that reason and have just been keeping my descriptions as html files, instead. I prepare updates with hundreds of new listings at a time and needless to say, I'd be VERY unhappy to lose them.

Message 20 of 45
Latest reply