Seller Hub

pnc75
Community Member

Am very interested to learn people's opinions about seller hub, seeing that it's soon to be foisted upon us. 

Any contributions (at your leisure) re pros and cons would be greatly appreciated.  TIA

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Seller Hub

It’s always good to keep a copy anyway. Don’t quote me because I’m not 100% sure (someone will know), but I think it’s the very standard now, 90 days. So far we’ve not had any issues.

Mel.

Message 21 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

@clubesquire wrote:

When we returned we were disappointed to learn that Turbolister was no more. We started with a third party app called Wonderlister - very good, but not without its own idiosyncrasies. Tried the Hub and haven’t looked back. Generally speaking it’s a good bit of kit, but can be better. I hope eBay spend the time now to finish the job and fine tune it to perfection.

I think it’s a very good piece of work.

Melina.

Turbo Lister is not dead yet, just not looking very healthy.  You can still download a copy of the Australian version but you need to get it from the US site

https://download.ebay.com/Turbo_Lister2/TurboListerInstall.htm

They are still doing major critical updates, but no new features etc.  It will still update your minor changes, eg if you add new or change catogues in your store.

It seems no better or worse glitchy than it has always been, which was never great.  The big advantage it has is off site storage of your  database, otherwise Seller Hub does a pretty good job.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 22 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

Yes GEC, thats one feature I think we all miss - a lot.

i don’t know whether going back to it would be a retrograde step or not, but probably would be. I just remember it being very good. Certainly compared with what was available with eBay, it was superb.

Gawd, I’m struggling today. Behind with new listings, but the Winter/Spring weather here in BrisVegas is sooooo lovely at the moment. It’s such a waste to be locked inside at a puter. Hard to get motivated.

Might have an early ‘wine oclock’ I think, in celebration of the bewdiful weather and my slothfulness 🙂

Melina.

Message 23 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

C

@clubesquire wrote:

Gawd, I’m struggling today. Behind with new listings, but the Winter/Spring weather here in BrisVegas is sooooo lovely at the moment. It’s such a waste to be locked inside at a puter. Hard to get motivated.

Might have an early ‘wine oclock’ I think, in celebration of the bewdiful weather and my slothfulness 🙂

Melina.

Come down to Melbourne you'll have plenty of time, it's Cold Wet and Windy - perfect listing weather.  Just starting to hail - Wine oclock sounds about right - maybe a hot toddy.

Message 24 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

On a slightly more serious note, what ever eBay comes up with to replace Turbo Lister it must have the possibility for off site database storage.  No way I would trust eBay to not lose my listings (its already recently happened with images).  I have just on 10000 listings for two stores on Turbo Lister (backed up on a NAS drive) that's just too much blood sweat and tears to see vanish in a puff of ebay smoke.

Message 25 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

@everard6920 wrote:

@clubesquire wrote:

When we returned we were disappointed to learn that Turbolister was no more. We started with a third party app called Wonderlister - very good, but not without its own idiosyncrasies. Tried the Hub and haven’t looked back. Generally speaking it’s a good bit of kit, but can be better. I hope eBay spend the time now to finish the job and fine tune it to perfection.

Melina.

Agreed about TurboLister - and at the time, eBay promised a replacement which we are yet to see. From what I recall, drafts disappear after so many days, or something? I've been reluctant to store listings as drafts for that reason and have just been keeping my descriptions as html files, instead. I prepare updates with hundreds of new listings at a time and needless to say, I'd be VERY unhappy to lose them.

Drafts, for me at least, disappear on the 15th of the month following the month after the month they were created. ie All my unused June drafts will disappear on 15 August.

I mainly use templates. I think brer said you can have 50 products. But each product can have 20 templates.

For my books, my products are the broad categories, the templates are the individual listings. That gives me potentially 1000 set up listings ready to go; more than I need.

They don't seem to expire (I still have a couple I imported from TL in June last year), but they do tend to drop the pictures.

I keep all my description in Notepad files, only move them rather than delete them, and only delete pics when the items are sold, so that works okay for me.

Message 26 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

@davewil1964 wrote:

@everard6920 wrote:

@clubesquire wrote:

Melina.

Agreed about TurboLister - and at the time, eBay promised a replacement which we are yet to see. From what I recall, drafts disappear after so many days, or something? I've been reluctant to store listings as drafts for that reason and have just been keeping my descriptions as html files, instead. I prepare updates with hundreds of new listings at a time and needless to say, I'd be VERY unhappy to lose them.

Drafts, for me at least, disappear on the 15th of the month following the month after the month they were created. ie All my unused June drafts will disappear on 15 August.

I mainly use templates. I think brer said you can have 50 products. But each product can have 20 templates.

For my books, my products are the broad categories, the templates are the individual listings. That gives me potentially 1000 set up listings ready to go; more than I need.

They don't seem to expire (I still have a couple I imported from TL in June last year), but they do tend to drop the pictures.

I keep all my description in Notepad files, only move them rather than delete them, and only delete pics when the items are sold, so that works okay for me.

Are you sure your information about templates doesn't relate to Selling Manager rather than seller hub?  I'm not sure what you mean by 20 different products, but I'm wondering whether you were able to have 20 different templates under Selling Manager and they're just using different terminology in different places.

When I click on Listing Templates it says this:  

Save up to 50 templates. Editing a template won't change any listings already made with that template.

I've only just started using them in Seller Hub but if anyone wants to find them, when you're on any of the pages under the Listings tab, eg. Unsold, Ended, Active, Drafts, Scheduled, under the menu for these pages on the left side it has Settings, and under that it has Listing Templates and Business Policies. 

I use templates as a basic mock-up listing with no photos at all and only the basic information that goes in every listing.  When I create a listing using that template I just fill in the blanks, ie. the information pertinent to that specific listing, including the photo.  My aim is to eventually create a template for each of the store categories I have (I only list in one ebay category) and then the item specifics I most commonly use so that when I create a new listing I can use the relevant template and not have to change any of the item specifics.  I find the item specifics laborious to check as there's so much rubbish in there my eyes tend to glaze over and my brain shuts down.  To make it worse, they're constantly adding more variations without telling us!

Message 27 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

I'm referring to Inventory. That's what I thought you were talking about.

You can have 20 templates per product. I use them for listings, as I don't have variations. I don't know how many products you can have - I'm up to 18, as several categories need more than one. Depending on how far ahead I am.

As I will be doing my semiannual stock up in a month, I expect I will soon find out what limits there are.

Message 28 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

Well!.... at 1st I hated it I kept getting rid of it...BUT now I love it. Everythings there on 1 main page... The only thing I change (where u can customise it) is I put that stupid graph (that tells u how yr sales are going) down the bottom of the page so I dont have to keep seeing it say Im down 40%... BUT when sales are up I love to scroll down to see its rating of me! (And strangely- sales were right up for me after adding that 2nd range of products- but now its crickets again).

I also like how the "traffic" report etc is just there! (saying about the click thru rate of yr listings)... so its easier to remember to look at things like that...Mind you, Ive got the attention span of a gnat... so it doesnt really help much . All up -I now think its great as its all there in front of you, whereas at 1st it scared me LOL 

Message 29 of 45
Latest reply

Seller Hub

I still have no idea what you're talking about. Unless you want to get a lot more specific I'll have to remain in the dark.
Message 30 of 45
Latest reply