how to cancel an unpaid order

I just signed into ebay to find that an item I have for sale has sold though has not been paid for then find this message from the buyer .

Hi there!
hope you're going well
i'm so so sorry but after an easter wine i accidentally clicked commit to pay on the camera but it was a complete accident & was just wondering if there was any chance I could cancel the order?

I've never had to cancel an order before and am unsure how to do it, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance to anyone that can help with this

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: how to cancel an unpaid order

Just because you haven't seen it here on these boards, that doesn't mean it doesn't happen because it does. I've seen it happen to sellers on ebay uk, ebay.com, and ebay Canada, I post on all those sites, and it's also happened to me personally.

Anyway, ultimately, it's always up to the sellers how they want to handle a non payment issue.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

@*madison wrote:

Just because you haven't seen it here on these boards, that doesn't mean it doesn't happen because it does. I've seen it happen to sellers on ebay uk, ebay.com, and ebay Canada, I post on all those sites, and it's also happened to me personally.

Anyway, ultimately, it's always up to the sellers how they want to handle a non payment issue.

Yes, it is up to sellers how they handle the issue so why are you so adamant that a strike is not the way to go.

There are several very experienced sellers posting here who find it is the most effective way as opposed to your opinion that it is not the way, based on 6 posts on the Australian boards.

Just because sellers on other sites do not use it does not mean that Australian have to follow.

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Yes, it is up to sellers how they handle the issue so why are you so adamant that a strike is not the way to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not adamant, I don't care either way.

I've posted my opinion, and what the op chooses to do with my opinion is up to the op.

It's the ops ebay account, not mine.

By the way, I've posted more than you think on the Australian boards, but when the boards were changed most of my posts disappeared on the ID I'm posting with now. I've also posted with another ID, my selling ID. I'm highly experienced.

I haven't posted here for quite sometime though, if any of the old timers are around, they might remember me.

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Don't get the wrong idea, I can't stand non-payers, no matter what their excuse is..

But I also can't stand false snads, and unjustified neg feedback.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

@*madison wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not adamant, I don't care either way.

I've posted my opinion, and what the op chooses to do with my opinion is up to the op.

It's the ops ebay account, not mine.

By the way, I've posted more than you think on the Australian boards, but when the boards were changed most of my posts disappeared on the ID I'm posting with now. I've also posted with another ID, my selling ID. I'm highly experienced.

I haven't posted here for quite sometime though, if any of the old timers are around, they might remember me.

I'm an old timer, but I don't remember any regular posters who use massive bolded fonts.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

If madison showed us what he looked like before the plastic surgery then we might remember him lol

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

If madison showed us what he looked like before the plastic surgery then we might remember him lol

Says the person that daren't show a pic of themselves lol

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

Ah yes it's coming back to me now you're a goose,some things never change.

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

I've been called many things on the net, but a goose isn't one of them.

So, i'll give you 10/10 for originality. 

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

I'm not sure what relevance somebody in the UK, who can't work out how to spell his name, has, but I suspect your precis is probably accurate.

Assuming what he has posted here is a reflection.

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply