items marked posted when only postage purchased

Is it necessary for ebay to mark items as posted in your my ebay as soon as postage has been puchased?

Would it really be that hard to have an icon that shows postage has been paid but item is yet to be actually posted? Or something similar?
I know its no big deal but its not entirely accurate to mark the item as posted merely because postage has been purchased.
it seems like they had a  "tha'll do". attitude

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

are you not able to unmark it as sent from the drop down menu?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

you used to be able to mark item as not sent but i cant see the option anymore.
Its still not the point really.
Why mark it as sent in the first place?
Surely they could do something like the paid icon when a paypal echeque has been received but hasnt cleared yet?
Only colour half the posted icon in.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Totally agree with you

Ebay will only do what is 'easy' for ebay to do. That was most likely the least effort to set up for them

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Scare tactics.

Related imagePOST IT NOW, THE CLOCK'S TICKING!    Image result for smiley yelling animated
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

lol, your probably right on there mastawka
Its like DOH! bombs away.
I have to race up and post it now.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Scare tactics.

Related imagePOST IT NOW, THE CLOCK'S TICKING!    Image result for smiley yelling animated

I'm with Stalks!

eBay coders would never make a silly mistake like not thinking processes through.

(that would be right out of character woonit)

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

JMHO, If the package is being posted the same day, then it's not entirely inaccurate, either (i.e. the "mark as posted" function ultimately means "the package was posted on X date". 

I do get what you're saying, that there's a gap of time between when an item is marked posted and when the package is lodged, and for that gap of time "posted" can feel inaccurate, but it can serve a variety of benefits. To be honest I mark all of my shipments as posted once the packaging has been done, because as far as I am concerned, that is the cusp of the point of no return in so far as requests to change or cancel orders are concerned (in other words, I do it to avoid having used resources / paid for postage, not marking as shipped and a buyer presuming there will be no problem at all to message me 5 seconds before I walk out the door and say, "actually... can I....?" on a whim rather than due to a matter of importance or urgnecy, and then thinking I just don't want to accomodate them if I say "too late"). 

If I get a message that's a matter of urgency and I haven't handed the parcel over and am therefore able to accomodate a buyer's request, I'll do it of course, in some cases I've done it after a package was handed over (my PO is awesome, I was still in the shopping centre where it's located when I received a message from a buyer saying the address was incorrect and can I change it to the correct one. Had to go back to the PO but they let me put a new label over it. But I digress).

If the package is not being posted the same day the label is purchased, you can set it for whatever date it will be posted when you create the label (I do this occasionally on Sundays, and set it for postage on Monday). It still marks the item as shipped, but I think-hope the notification that goes out to the buyer includes the shipping date modification / info.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

it may be a selling manager pro feature only - but it is possible to unmark an item as sent once a tracking number has been added or once it has been sent. in the item details, there's a checkbox for "posted on" which can be unticked and then it goes back to being marked as unposted. 

i do the same as digi does though and as soon as i've packaged it and printed labels or sealed satchels, i mark it as sent - but there's always the option of undoing that if i wanted to. 

i'm guessing it must only be a selling manager pro feature? 

SalesStatus.jpg

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply