managed payments and personal information.

Is it true that to sign up for managed payments, eBay demands heaps of personal information, and also we have to once again prove who we are and upload bank account details etc,etc. All of this personal informtion is then sent to a third party which eBay is then not responsible for. I would like to hear from those who have already signed up, as to whether this is true or not.

Message 1 of 118
Latest reply
117 REPLIES 117

Re: managed payments and personal information.

Probably for the best...

Message 31 of 118
Latest reply

Adyen are the new payment processor and are a regulated entity who require a certain level of identity confirmation.

It's no different to most sellers when they had to give their ID to Paypal in the past.

I sell on Etsy and they require pretty much the same stuff BEFORE you can even open an account.

Amazon also has vetting procedures, so I'm not sure why you think Ebay is doing something that is different to how other big operators work.

Message 32 of 118
Latest reply

The problem is giving our personal details to ebay to have third parties dealing with all that information hackers will have a roller-coaster no way I will give mine

Message 33 of 118
Latest reply

Totally agree with shopping bag . I will not hand over private details to EBay other than bank account. eBay has been hacked several times and all your info could be in someone else's hands.

Message 34 of 118
Latest reply

i am prepared to stay with PayPal and therefore don't have to hand over any further details. People who want to hand over details like this should be aware of the scammers who undoubtedly will get their info.

Message 35 of 118
Latest reply

You might be prepared to stay with Paypal but eBay is not, eventually all sellers will have to be on Managed Payments to be able to sell on eBay.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 36 of 118
Latest reply

Makes me wonder Padi.

To even open a bank account a certain number of ID points are required.

The fact that a person has a bank account - signifies the required information has been received by the bank.

Why does Aydan - eBay need this information.??

The account alone should be sufficient.

Message 37 of 118
Latest reply

Very true Domino, but then logic and Managed Payments should never be used in the same sentence. true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 38 of 118
Latest reply

I am thinking of registering to become a seller just to see what is required at this moment.

Some people have been asked for bank details and other id, which is acceptble of course, but some have also  been asked to provide thier actual Login details - this I disagree with, and can see no reason nor benefit for them requesting this, and of course said seller is immediately changing the pin and rightly so.

NEVER DIVULGE YOU PERSONAL LOGIN DETAILS OR PIN - is a warning we all get on our accounts, so my worry is, who do we go after if there is a hack - our bank will not be held accountable because we broke the golden rule - So Adyen?

Message 39 of 118
Latest reply

When providing this ' information ' - is it directly to Ayden - or through eBay.

Message 40 of 118
Latest reply