managed payments and personal information.

Is it true that to sign up for managed payments, eBay demands heaps of personal information, and also we have to once again prove who we are and upload bank account details etc,etc. All of this personal informtion is then sent to a third party which eBay is then not responsible for. I would like to hear from those who have already signed up, as to whether this is true or not.

Message 1 of 118
Latest reply
117 REPLIES 117

I will be blunt. A lot, and i do mean a lot, of anti laundering requirements actually come back to the State knowing what you do with your money, if they need to.
I am sick of people who cry privacy when some other person is involved. It is the State we need privacy from because it is the State who use (and share) your information for whatever purpose, and with whoever, they like.
Seems it is time to either bend over and take it or sell elsewhere. Your choice.

Message 111 of 118
Latest reply

enna49
Community Member

No way.   Forget about ebay now......     Too dangerous....  Will end up being Scammers Paradise

Message 112 of 118
Latest reply

@enna49 wrote:

No way.   Forget about ebay now......     Too dangerous....  Will end up being Scammers Paradise

You obviously havent left yet.  Bye Bye

Message 113 of 118
Latest reply

what a joke, this is big tech again forcing itself onto every aspect of our privacy to control it, there is no need for a drivers licence or id of any kind, a bank account is invasive enough, big techs desire to gain any info they can is at riot stage , this is a platform to allow people to advertise on for sales and prospective customers to find the items they require , it is no more than that ,,,,,,,,,,,,it is up to the users to establish all their own certainty of finality and security of sale , payment and delivery,,,,,,,,, again this is more connect the dots for totalitarianism = grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Message 114 of 118
Latest reply

So you are saying that eBay complying with Government legislation is big tech? Do you actually understand big tech? Or Government legislation?

Obviously not. See ya.

You haven't sold anything for yonks, so your protest is irrelevant.

Message 115 of 118
Latest reply

Clive Palmer must be so proud of him

Message 116 of 118
Latest reply

Thats alp well and good. But tell me how it is fair for a buyer to have their goods delivered yet the seller has ro wait 14 days to get their funds?? As a seller I can't afford to wait 2 weeks and iv been selling for over 2 months  yet Ebay can't tell me when the patment holds will end they just keep saying "don't worry" your funds are secure with Ebay... pfftt more like secured earning interest for 14 days. What a joke. If you sell something then you get the money for it. Sellers on Ebay aren't a bank nor aine of credit. Im ao mad

Message 117 of 118
Latest reply

@towe_305 wrote:

Thats alp well and good. But tell me how it is fair for a buyer to have their goods delivered yet the seller has ro wait 14 days to get their funds?? As a seller I can't afford to wait 2 weeks and iv been selling for over 2 months  yet Ebay can't tell me when the patment holds will end they just keep saying "don't worry" your funds are secure with Ebay... pfftt more like secured earning interest for 14 days. What a joke. If you sell something then you get the money for it. Sellers on Ebay aren't a bank nor aine of credit. Im ao mad

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your funds are on hold for 30 days, not 14. Until you can prove yourself as being a reliable seller, the holds will continue. If you stop selling for a bit, you will be classed as a new seller again and the holds will be reinstated.

As for earning interest on your money, it doesn't happen. It's highly illegal for ebay to do so, so if they did, they'd find themselves in a power of trouble. 

Message 118 of 118
Latest reply