no email address for customers when sending outside Australia , Ebay and Pay pal no longer display

we require email address of customers who buy from us to send parcels outside Australia , these used to be displayed on ebay and pay pal , but no longer are displayed , how do we except , to be able send send thru Australia Post or Toll International without this info!

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

no email address for customers when sending outside Australia , Ebay and Pay pal no longer display

seller hub > items waiting postage > view record

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

alternatively, if what curraone said doesn't work - and it's just needing to get past the "required fields" that are required to make a label - you can always put in your own email address. 

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Hit reply to the Paypal email - that will show the buyer's email address.

It's the same domestically with Parcel Collect, The label won't generate without the customers's email address. And your own wouldn't be prudent.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Interestingly, I use DHL for international and they import my sales from ebay for me. They have no trouble importing the customer's email address. When I use auspost they don't get the email address and I have to add it manually.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

It's the same domestically with Parcel Collect, The label won't generate without the customers's email address. And your own wouldn't be prudent.

Hitting reply to the email these days only shows you the buyers name in the To box, not their email address. It hasn't shown it since PayPal removed it from the message body (although I do occasionally get one where the email shows. Hitting reply on those shows the buyers email in the To box).

I use Parcel Collect and have never had to provide an email address? Have I just been lucky?

I find the easiest way to get a buyers email address is go into PayPal and go to initiate a refund on their payment. It shows in there. That said, I could count on one hand that I've needed a buyers email address. I haven't needed it for Parcel Collect or those Parcel Locker things.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

I did one last week and one yesterday and the buyer's email address came up as the 'To'.

A buyer might not need to provide an email address, but MyPost Business requires one from the seller.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

Hitting reply to the email these days only shows you the buyers name in the To box, not their email address.

After you hit reply, and the buyer's name appears in the "To" section - I can hit "add contact"  and it displays the full email address.   A bit fiddly I know, but there's plenty of ways to skin a cat.

I prefer getting it through seller hub - as I suggested earlier.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I did one last week and one yesterday and the buyer's email address came up as the 'To'.

A buyer might not need to provide an email address, but MyPost Business requires one from the seller.

Maybe it depends on the email client? I use Windows Live Mail and that just showed the buyers name.

I did what Curra said, and right clicked on the name (after I'd hit reply on the PayPal email), and selected add to contacts. The address came up in there. For me, that's a lot less fiddly than having to go into PayPal and attempt to initiate a refund to get the address. I don't anticipate needing a buyers email address, but good to know there's a quick way of getting it in the event I do need it.

Spoiler
I don't use Seller Hub
Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

I use SH when I have to.

I gave up on Hotmail when my account was hijacked and MS's only suggestion was to change my password. Which would have gone to the person who hijacked the account. Which I explained to them. So they suggested I change my password.

I use Gmail.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply