non pay bidder

Final price: AU $1,550.00 (Auction) 202288486353 18-Apr-18 15:12:33 AEST Final Value fee AU $168.80  

I will delete my eBay account if you take the $168.80 the buyer did not pay so there is no money in my bank account.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

non pay bidder

Not eBay here.

You are on a public forum answered by other members.

There is no way of the eBay automated system to know if the buyer didn't pick up the item and pay cash directly to you.

You need to either cancel the transaction or complete an unpaid case so that you are credited the fee back.

I suggest you read up on how eBay works if you are going to sell.

Select site map at the bottom of the page.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

non pay bidder

A buyer has 4 days to pay and if then you don't receive your payment you need to open an unpaid item case.

The buyer then has another 4 days to pay and if they don't pay by then then you close the case and get your funds back.

Ebay won't take any of the fees from you until your fee cycle comes around,that may be at the beginning or the middle of each month.

Stay calm and follow the process and it will all work out.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

non pay bidder

As mentioned, ebay do not run nor read these boards

Ebay have no idea the buyer did not pay unless you open an unpaid item dispute, nor will they read about or care if you close your account or not

Best to open the unpaid dispute, if, as you say, you have no money in your account, ebay will act to recover it another way (as they would with anyone who do not have enough funds in the paypal and/or bank to pay fees owned)

As buyers and sellers exactly like you, nobody here is going to take your money any more than you take money off another member whose buyer did not pay

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

non pay bidder

I'm a bit surprised. I saw you had a FB score over 700 and thought oh well, maybe up till now you have always been a buyer but a quick click showed you had about 12 pages of feedback as a seller. 

Have you never struck non paying bidders before this? How did you deal with them, if you did?

Ebay won't know or care if you close your account, there are no humans watching really. But if you don't take some action, you're the one who will suffer because you'll lose $168.80.

I am sure ebay coffers make a killing from this sort of thing, where bidders don't pay & the seller is upset but doesn't know how to go about getting their fees back, or can't be bothered.

$168.80 is too much to lose. Open a non payment case. Read up about how to do it. Open the case then close it a few days later if no payment is forthcoming. A little bit of effort is worth it for the fees back.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

non pay bidder

I opened an unpaid case the point is no one wanted to know I've been selling on eBay for 28 years eBay ain't what it used to be they are automated enough to take their cut ...

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

non pay bidder

they bill me on the 30th of each month thats today and thats what I am complaining about the buyer didnt pay but eBay would have got their fee through my Paypal account

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

non pay bidder

funny enough 12 pages of feedback as a seller and only one other non pay bidder that long ago cant remember what I did but I suppose it was the same as this second time I opened non pay case my point is I am billed on the 30th of the month today the eBay fees would have been taken from my Paypal account before I could have requested credit eBay got it they gave me the credit immediately

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

non pay bidder

If you opened an NPB, then you'll get your fees back.

But you have to close it, and tell ebay you didn't get paid.

It's important to close out any unpaid item cases. If you don't close an unpaid item case within 36 days, we'll close it for you, but you won't be eligible for a final value fee credit. Also, if we close a case, the unpaid item won't be recorded on the buyer's account.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

non pay bidder

If you sold it on the 18th you had plenty of time to open the non-payer case, wait 4 days and then close it so that you got your credit before the end of the month (in the same month that the fee was applied). 

Even if your billing month ends on the 30th of the month, you get a few days to pay your fees.  If you think you're not likely to sell anything else for a while to use the credit you'll get in your account next month (if you close the non-payment case), if you don't pay the bill this month it'll show as zero at the end of next month because of the credit (assuming you close the non-payment case after 4 days). 

If you think you can just close your account and not pay because you've got nothing in your paypal or bank account, it doesn't work that way.  You can't close your ebay account while money is still owing, and even if you don't have money in your bank account ebay will chase the money using debt collectors.  You really do need to close the non-payment case to get that credit for your fees!

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply