post charges. LOCAL COUNTRY PARCELS ?? & within 50km parcels ?

jcb*2013
Community Member

Here I am with my afternoon cuppa reading auspost.com.au 'Post Charges' booklet -7th oct 2013. Not the most entertaining reading but,

On page 16 - The local country parcels service is for a parcel lodged at the same office that will deliver it. Parcels up to 500g -$4.15 per parcel.

So , how do we get this price? I happened to have a parcel today -very local address and toddled off to the local po - I showed them the address and asked if there was a special price for local delivery -$6.95 they say. Is it just they know nothing of this service ?

I only happened to pick they booklet up on my way out as I thought I had read about this before but never had such a local parcel .may show them tomorrow to see what they do say about it.

There is also a service for parcels over 500g lodged at an office within 50km of the delivery office -fixed price of $9.30 per parcel. I am sure I have lodged such parcels but always had to pay more than that.

So am I reading this wrong or are the staff once again clueless?

Has anyone ever managed to be charged these rates?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The rate is only for parcels sent to and from the specific postcodes listed in that section of the booklet.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Yes I have the booklet here and my postcode is one of them.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

So it looks like a case of going in with the booklet and letting them have a little read too ! So how do they process these ones? do they have a special button on the pc?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply