post foam boxes

Does anyone know if it is safe and or acceptable to post your items in foam fruit boxes. I imagine that they might break easily at postal sorting centres. Any feedback much appreciated

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: post foam boxes

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have regularly received china packed in foam fruit boxes wirh no issues at all.  The seller uses the usual bubblewrap and peanuts in the boxes but no double boxing is required.

I would thoroughly recommend it as the foam is a lot lighter than a similar sized cardboard box.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I would also wrap the foam box in brown paper.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Why would you wrap it in brown paper kopes?

It really is not necessary and only adds to the cost of packaging.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks very much - much appreciated. They are so light and great padding and as i come across them now and then I would like to reuse.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I have sent and received many items in styrofoam packaging (like the lids off broccoli boxes masking taped together for example) inside a satchel, including a lap top on several occasions, all with great success.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

thanks

@crikey*mate wrote:

I have sent and received many items in styrofoam packaging (like the lids off broccoli boxes masking taped together for example) inside a satchel, including a lap top on several occasions, all with great success.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply