printing separate labels for multiple items purchased together.

Just wondering....if a buyer purchased several items but made one payment (no combined postage) is it possible to print separate labels and post each item separately? In the past I have found that "print label" brings up all items made in the one payment. I do offer combined postage where possible, but sometimes items cannot be combined, especially if there are too many or they are too large. Your advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

go-tazz
Community Member

@shoppingbag*wrote:

Just wondering....if a buyer purchased several items but made one payment (no combined postage) is it possible to print separate labels and post each item separately? In the past I have found that "print label" brings up all items made in the one payment. I do offer combined postage where possible, but sometimes items cannot be combined, especially if there are too many or they are too large. Your advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.

On your sold list there should be an option to untick the combined and then you can create labels for each

item,(it should be on the page itself or the drop down menu as long as you haven't sent an invoice).

If you've sent an invoice then you may need to send another and you can untick them in the invoice,(or if

there is no option on your sold list you can use the invoice option).

Maybe just let the buyer know why they are going separate and the need for sending the invoice if you choose

that option.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If you need to send multiple parcels for one order, you need to create a new label for each parcel and you get charged separately for each different label you create.

On the screen right after you create a label, where it generates the current label so that you can print it, there's a blurb that has a link which says "you can print another label for this order", or something similar, which is different from "reprint this label" - print another label takes you through to create a brand new, different label, reprint just opens up the screen to print the current label.  If you print multiple different labels this way, each tracking number is assigned to all items in the order. 

If you have printed a label and the items are marked as shipped, and you've exited the original print label screen, the "print postage label" is still an available option in the dropdown menu for the order in your sold history, so you can create more from there as well. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, you can create as many different labels as you need for the one order. On the screen where you print the label after creating one, there should be a direct link to create another one. You should also still have the option to create a label from the order in your ebay sold list.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@shoppingbag*wrote:

On your sold list there should be an option to untick the combined and then you can create labels for each

item,(it should be on the page itself or the drop down menu as long as you haven't sent an invoice).

If you've sent an invoice then you may need to send another and you can untick them in the invoice,(or if

there is no option on your sold list you can use the invoice option).

Maybe just let the buyer know why they are going separate and the need for sending the invoice if you choose

that option.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@digital*ghostwrote:
Yes, you can create as many different labels as you need for the one order. On the screen where you print the label after creating one, there should be a direct link to create another one. You should also still have the option to create a label from the order in your ebay sold list.

I am confused.  Could you please explain further. Do you get charged once only for the labels?  I am then attaching itentical labels to more than one parcel? I presume the label covers the cost of postage for both? How did I combine the two boxes into one label, as there seems to be only the option to put in one set of sizes for the parcel?  Your answers are appreciated.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If you need to send multiple parcels for one order, you need to create a new label for each parcel and you get charged separately for each different label you create.

On the screen right after you create a label, where it generates the current label so that you can print it, there's a blurb that has a link which says "you can print another label for this order", or something similar, which is different from "reprint this label" - print another label takes you through to create a brand new, different label, reprint just opens up the screen to print the current label.  If you print multiple different labels this way, each tracking number is assigned to all items in the order. 

If you have printed a label and the items are marked as shipped, and you've exited the original print label screen, the "print postage label" is still an available option in the dropdown menu for the order in your sold history, so you can create more from there as well. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Many thanks for explaining it all.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply