problem hi a buyer is asking for 2 dollars postage

this is what  i  sold 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321742440958?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

it  costs   7  dollars to send  blu rays out of tassie and here are the messages from the buyer  i dont know how to change the postage and  if i should??  here  are the messages

message   1

hi coulp you please post in a padded envolope for $2 please? 🙂

message   2

you just need a larger envelope enough to fit it (...

message  3

hi could you please adjust post so i can pay for it...

what should i do??  i have  been having so much problems with buyers and postage  .......  and i never used  too

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: problem hi a buyer is asking for 2 dollars postage

sorry but why should i pander  to buyers  like this??

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

@carly_and_judy wrote:

sorry but why should i pander  to buyers  like this??

You shouldn't.

Postage costs (and method) do not have to be negotiable. If you've already made it clear that they aren't (negotiable), I wouldn't respond to any further requests, except to maybe do/say nothing but issue a new invoice with the full, original P&H charge every time they ask for $2 post. Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

i sent another invoice with this message

hi postage is what it is if you want to do a mutal cancellation that is fine but i will not post for 2 dollars

they are    from WA and im from tasmania  7 dollars postage is about  right for a blu ray

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

they are    from WA and im from tasmania  7 dollars postage is about  right for a blu ray

Actually, it isn't. There's no reason it shouldn't go through for $1.40 plus the cost of a padded bag since blu-rays are thin enough to be sent as letters.

However, that isn't the point.

The point is that you have clearly set the postage as $7.00 in the ad. When your buyer bid on that item, he/she agreed to the pay that amount. It is a little cheeky to ask for a discount afterwards.

All that said and done, I would say that he/she has every right to leave you low DSR for Postage & Handling charges if you go ahead and post it as a $1.40 letter rather than a $7.45 parcel. Just be aware of that.

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

@carly_and_judy wrote:

this is what  i  sold 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321742440958?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

it  costs   7  dollars to send  blu rays out of tassie and here are the messages from the buyer  i dont know how to change the postage and  if i should??  here  are the messages

message   1

hi coulp you please post in a padded envolope for $2 please? 🙂

message   2

you just need a larger envelope enough to fit it (...

message  3

hi could you please adjust post so i can pay for it...

what should i do??  i have  been having so much problems with buyers and postage  .......  and i never used  too

I am sorry, I just can't see that is a buyers fault that you can not say no in a manner that is quite clear that you will not consider offers outside of your terms and conditions or sell with different conditions that they purchased the item at.

Be firm.   Open an unpaid dispute if they do not pay.  close it after 4 days if they still do not pay. Block them. Move on.

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

As a seller of video games for years, I can say right now that it costs either $1.40 or $2.10 at the counter to send a CD, DVD or Blu-Ray disc in a bubble mailer (with the exception of PlayStation 1 games and other cases thicker than a standard DVD cover). It only costs $7.45 if the item is too thick or you are using a mailing box designed for VHS videos (which brings up the cost at the counter to $9.10 if you are buying the boxes on top of the Parcel Post cost).

A movie or a game with no instruction manual always costs $1.40 (in fact, with Blu-Ray cases being smaller and lighter than DVD cases, I haven't actually had a PS3 game go for $2.10 even with the manual included). Of course, this also doesn't cover the cost of the bubble mailer itself.

One thing to note: The $1.65 151x229mm "PB2" bubble mailers that Australia Post stocks do not fit DVDs or Blu-Ray discs, forcing you to pay extra for the larger 215x280mm "PB3" bubble mailers - if you really must buy them at the post office...

You can find 160x230mm (or larger) bubble mailers on eBay which are designed to fit DVDs, and Officeworks also has plastic bubble mailers for $1.05 each which also fit DVDs (they also have red and white PPS bubble mailers which look exactly like the Australia Post ones, avoid these). Additionally, they have a 5-pack of the plastic ones, but for some odd reason they cost slightly more than the loose ones, which drop down to 85c each if you buy 5 or more.
Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

The eBay policy is very clear with regards to buyer requests for a change of postage cost/method.  Buyers can ask for a postage option that will cost more than what was stated in the listing, but policy says they can't demand a change to the postage method that was in the listing.

buyer requests.JPG

I would stick to the postage amount that was in the listing in the hope that the buyer decides to not pay.   If they do pay they have the opportunity to ding your DSRs.  I think if they leave a negative or neutral on the basis of a $7 postage cost rather than a $2 cost then that negative/neutral could have grounds for removal as the demand for $2 postage is against eBay's own policy, but removal would depend on them commenting about the postage cost in their comment.

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

I also buy the padded bag on ebay 160 x 230  but by the 100s so are cheaper and the blue ray fits into it, and will go through the slot, without any more packaging around it.

If you have to buy one large bubble mailer from the po, will be near $2 just for that plus $1.40 for stamps, and don't forget the 10% fees on postage, so you would be looking at nearly $4.00

I also buy the flat mailing boxes the same size, these are great for my handmade cards also on ebay.

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:
As a seller of video games for years, I can say right now that it costs either $1.40 or $2.10 at the counter to send a CD, DVD or Blu-Ray disc in a bubble mailer 

I've sold and sent a ton of standard DVDs the same way, but the bottom line here is that the buyer has no right to insist the seller posts via a different method, and they certainly have no right to dictate the cost of a different method. 😉 

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

Exactly, if something says $7.50 postage, the buyer should expect to pay $7.50 postage. I refuse to send games in envelopes, "tough" bags or prepaid satchels because they are more likely to end up wrecked at the other end and I will be forced to refund the buyer because eBay basically says it's the seller's fault if Australia Post plays basketball with the mail 2000 kms away from the post office where it was lodged.

I guess we'll be up for even more fun when buyers start expecting us to send things for $2 when the new stamps take over.
Message 20 of 23
Latest reply