selling items that have been recalled

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/food-warnings/cocoa-craze-goes-wrong-cadbury-recalls-cult-cara...

these items are being sold with no warning  how can we remove them for peoples saftey

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

All listings have a "report item" link on them, BUT you would have to know if the listings were made between the recall dates.....good luck with that.........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Do you have the expiry dates of the ones listed on ebay?

Are they the same of the recalled products ?

If they are, have you reported them?

Not sure how sellers 'knew' they were going to be recalled (and ergo put a warning on the listing)

Having said all that, the same would go for every single product that has ever been recalled at some point, which was at some point sold on ebay

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I am wondering if the dates are 17th AND 21st or perhaps the media got it wrong and it's meant to be - 

Jan 17th TO 21st

Most recalls I have known are usually from/to dates if machinery fails, not one day then another specifically.

image host
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@enigmabearwrote:

Do you have the expiry dates of the ones listed on ebay?

Are they the same of the recalled products ?

If they are, have you reported them?

Not sure how sellers 'knew' they were going to be recalled (and ergo put a warning on the listing)

Having said all that, the same would go for every single product that has ever been recalled at some point, which was at some point sold on ebay

I've reported all the listings to Live Chat,(they need to all be taken down until they sort it out).

I've checked a number of them and at least four up to this stage had listed the recalled date ones but other

aren't showing the back of the package which contains the use by date,(so may be deliberately selling

recalled items?)

There is a spot where the use by date can be inserted but most aren't using it.

I also reported all those listings that had the recalled dates  21/1/19 and 17/1/19)

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I did the same tazz.

Just had one of the sellers give a good link for clarification of dates.

http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/industry/foodrecalls/recalls/Pages/Cadbury-Caramilk-190g.aspx

image host
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The recall was only announced this afternoon and it is only for certain batches that were only on sale in Australia.

You would need to know where the ones on sale on ebay originated.....if they were from New Zealand they are not affected.

You could try alerting the sellers to the recall but it really is not a good idea to notify ebay.....they may (or may not) remove all the listings with no good reason.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5wrote:

I did the same tazz.

Just had one of the sellers give a good link for clarification of dates.

http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/industry/foodrecalls/recalls/Pages/Cadbury-Caramilk-190g.aspx

Thanks,good.gif

There are over 20 sellers that are selling the recalled blocks so I wonder what the "legal" ramifications could be

if they knew that they had being recalled,Who knows.gif

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@lyndal1838wrote:

The recall was only announced this afternoon and it is only for certain batches that were only on sale in Australia.

You would need to know where the ones on sale on ebay originated.....if they were from New Zealand they are not affected.

You could try alerting the sellers to the recall but it really is not a good idea to notify ebay.....they may (or may not) remove all the listings with no good reason.

As most sellers don't state the best before date and/or don't show the back of the package where the best

before date is there is no way of knowing if they are selling a recalled item,(it's up to the seller to state that

date or the back of the package so a buyer can see that date).

IMHO any that don't state the correct dates or show that theirs is ok by showing the back of the packaging

should have their listing removed,(to me safety comes first and if that means all the listings get taken down,

then so be it),good.gif

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Down to 77 listings,(from more than 400).

Most now stating correct use by info,(not all but a lot higher percentage),good.gif

A high number of the 120 sold ones have been removed.

As stated,if they had all used the tools available and stated the correct use by date then it would've been a

simple matter to only remove the ones with the recalled dates,ok.gif

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply