sneaker authentication program

So, to start with I thought this was a great venture by eBay, as a sneaker seller and enthusiast I thought it would benefit many in the sneaker game........but, after roughly a month of the authentication centre being active.......I have a major concern that has yet to be addressed by ebay!

When a buyer purchases a pair of shoes, ebay!!!!!! needs to be emailing them and telling them there item is being sent to the authentication centre, then once authenticated will then be sent on to buyer with new tracking details.........at this stage, sellers can not communicate with buyers once the shoe has been purchased and deemed to be going to the authentication centre, so the onus is on ebay for communication..........which they are not providing at all!!

I am currently responding to a minimum 20-30 buyers per week, them asking why there shoes are delivered to a Sydney address??? instead of being delivered to there home address...............

On top of this, the authentication centre lost a pair of shoes I sent them, they have refunded the buyer and me, but that is not great business!!! Australia post have not lost a pair of my shoes for well over a year, but ebay manages to lose a pair in the first month of operation!

any other similar experiences out there???

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: sneaker authentication program

@andrewong_88 wrote:

does the pair of shoe always get that ebay plastic tag(authentic guarantee thingy) after its being authenticated?

According to the link below, yes they do.

Capture.PNG

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/selling-tools/ebay-authenticity-guarantee?id=4644&st=12&pos=2&q...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

DAMMN.....Why don't you update your prescription eyeware........

ALL my ADS have been updated ......Thankyou!

READ below, from my first post!!

at this stage, sellers can not communicate with buyers once the shoe has been purchased and deemed to be going to the authentication centre, so the onus is on ebay for communication..........which they are not providing at all!!

HOW would I email the buyer once purchased, if ebay has blocked sellers from communicating with buyers???

YOU must read prior to getting on your very high horse!!

was looking for advice, not an attack.....CLOWN!!

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

I am more amazed by TROLLS, with no constructive input!!!

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Then why wait over a year since the comments were made to spit the dummy?

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Hello,everyone. To be respectful is very important in your interaction with other members here. I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed.  Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/... Thanks very much. 🙂

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Work it out for yourself.

After that attack on a member, a year after the comment was made, it is unlikely any other members will bother to reply to you, given that will probably generate a personal attack.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

mon_nat
Community Member

Hi there,

I realise this is an old thread but I've just experienced this too!! I sold a pair of Nike sneakers to a buyer, which went to the 'authenticators'?! first. 

Fair enough. Of course they are genuine, so thought nothing more of it. Today! I recieve a message stating that the 'authenticators' (in a very brief, non descriptive email) found "a fault(s), which could be related to packaging, or another issue". Very very brief and no detailed information. 

I contacted the buyer, who provided me with his message he received from Ebay - stating this never usually happens (that an item is supposedly not authentic).

There's noone to contact at Ebay about this! Whenever I go into chat, I am "thanked" for being with Ebay since 2011 and given the same msg "the authenticators may have found fault with packaging" very brief and pretty much stating it could be anything!! Kind of a big deal! As authenticators they need to be very precise about what the so called 'problem' is.

Has anyone been in this situation?? Does the item get returned to me??? 

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

yes the item gets returned to you, but you would have known that had you researched how the program works.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks Imastawka 

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply