the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Re: the roll out of ebay managed payments

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering.

Why is it that Amazon has just one bog standard payment method ( as in Credit Cards )
plus BNPL while ebay has implimented MP ?

Message 441 of 699
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry but my edit window lapsed on my prior post.

I fully know there was a threat that all a seller's listings

would be removed if they hadn't joined MP by a certain

dead line ( after being invited to join ) but I think it ( the threat )

has been removed.

Does anyone remember seeing it ?
All I can find is this watered down carp.

If I donโ€™t register now, what happens?
Registration allows you to get your business ready for managed payments. You can register in a few simple steps, including verifying your business information and providing a bank account. This information will allow us to send your payouts and comply with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and know-your-customer obligations, which helps keep eBay a trusted marketplace. You will be able to track your registration progress on the Payments tab in Seller Hub.

Message 442 of 699
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rather than start another MP thread.

Blue Tent sold for $100.00

MP Fee $10.00

Amount sent to your bank $90.00

Now because the MP fees have already been taken out by eBay

before my payout is sent all I can enter is $90.00 income.

I can't make an entry for the MP Fee as an expense.

I could enter the total ( pre fee ) income then make an entry for MP fees.

This would make tallies correct but there wouldn't be matching transactions

in my bank account.

How do you guys make entries for the MP fees ?

Message 443 of 699
Latest reply

Anybody else seeing their last payout as today "pending" not processed right now at 6.36am and not complete? Had no emails today saying they have been processed either with both our accounts.

What an absolute farce this system is! Sales from Friday to Sunday caputured $700 of sales and we received $120 yesterday. Today we have $400 pending.....Talk about sitting on your hands or rather money ebay, Yet it isn't even YOUR money!

Message 444 of 699
Latest reply

imagine the money being earnt on your money in  interest in the short term money market with this-great idea by ebay for raw profit.

Message 445 of 699
Latest reply

I certainly am holding off. Do you know how long or what the cut off period is for having to register for their new managed payments malarky ????

Message 446 of 699
Latest reply

@supermussolinibros wrote:

imagine the money being earnt on your money in  interest in the short term money market with this-great idea by ebay for raw profit.

Yes, many have imagined this already, yet when someone actually went to the trouble of playing around with some back-of-the-envelope figures, this argument doesn't make much sense.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 447 of 699
Latest reply

From memory it was $100 per million per day.

Hardly vast amounts, or worth the admin costs to hold it.

Message 448 of 699
Latest reply

Wrong! I basically live in that area regarding money...they are making plenty!

Message 449 of 699
Latest reply

I am signing up for ebay managed payments, however i am too starting to get skeptical of future changes ebay will make which will make the current deal less impressive. I currently have 3 accounts and therefore save on insertion fees so the 250,000 free insertion listing fees looks impressive and a way to combine my 3 accounts into one, however I am looking at the US ebay and they have increased fees several months after luring people in.

https://tamebay.com/2019/05/ebay-hike-ebay-managed-payments-fees.html

So if i decide to list, say, 2000 new items and combine my accounts into one under the impression these will relist for free every month, they will change the 250000 free listings back to 1500 (for a featured store) and I wasted 2 months of my time and this may ot may not happen but likely, possibly could. Then I will be charged an additional $200 + for insertions fees on top of any other fees or policy changes per month. 

I will plan my listings carefully to consider ebay's erratic (and not enough warning) promotions and changes and most likely will not change anything drastic in fear that in the long run the 250,000 insertion fee listings will change back to 1500. 

Message 450 of 699
Latest reply