the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Re: the roll out of ebay managed payments

I read on one of the threads that the NSW POA card has 2 numbers on it, one that never changes similar to a license, and if this number is entered then the id's are being accepted.

Not much help I guess, as I can't remember where the thread is, but if one number is not accepted, try the other.

Not @ lyndal - just a generic reply

Message 611 of 699
Latest reply

Yes, there are two numbers on my card but I don't know which one is supposed to change.  I got my card at least 10 years ago and it doesn't expire till May 2025.....It cost me a fortune and is the most expensive and useless bit of plastic that I have in my wallet.

Not like the current cards....they cost peanuts apparently.

Message 612 of 699
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Yes, there are two numbers on my card but I don't know which one is supposed to change.  I got my card at least 10 years ago and it doesn't expire till May 2025.....It cost me a fortune and is the most expensive and useless bit of plastic that I have in my wallet.

Not like the current cards....they cost peanuts apparently.

Just did a bit of googling - looks like the PC number is the one that remains constant, so that would be the one to be entered for Adyen I assume

index.jpg

NSW Photo Card - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › NSW_Photo_Card

There are three numbers on the photo card, that could cause confusion: First the photo card number (PC Number) on the front centre-left. This number does not change even after re-issue. Second there is a card number on the front top, and finally a number on the rear, top left.

Message 613 of 699
Latest reply

Edit: 2 minutes too late Smiley LOL

PC number is permanent / unchangeable, card number is specific to the issue of the card and changes for each one. 

This is wiki's image, not sure how old it is:

NSW Photo Card.png

Message 614 of 699
Latest reply

I am just pleased I actually got something right LOL

Spoiler
Message 615 of 699
Latest reply

@brian_j_damage wrote:

Well, I bit the bullet and signed up, tried to do it without entering a number first in case that's what "deferred" meant, and after a minute or so of processing it came back and told me I needed to input a valid number, so I put my POA card number in as my ID and it processed that and apparently it decided it was valid? I guess I'm signed up now? I got a message telling me everything was A-OK.

This is confusing and worrying in equal measure.

[EDIT]: I'm in Victoria, for reference.

This is what I got. I think they sorted out just communication is very bad. You go through with the registration. Put the number in as drivers license, it will fail. then follow these prompts. Its on a completely different page.

ss (2021-03-20 at 04.53.25).png

ss (2021-03-20 at 04.53.56).png

ss (2021-03-20 at 04.54.13).png

Message 616 of 699
Latest reply

I agree with you tickford-t3, I am not a business  as well, I sell old stuff I have hoarded over the 60 years of life, its all second hand and collectable. It seems to be a sad state of affairs, but its all part of the big picture complete control of the money so they can write off THEIR taxes and report to our governement OUR taxes for us, they have all of our information. I joined managed systems but nothing has really changed, except if you use their labels for Australia post or Sendle they charge you the postage later... I agreed to go over to it, managed systems on 1st of March. I like the system that I have been using for nearly 20 year, I have tried all of their automated stuff to volume list, etc where it tells you what to do to become a top rated seller and a power seller. Now at random times a screen pops up to get me to go to thier Automated/(I am guessing this is what the managed system is) I just select maybe later. I have started advertising elsewhere and I did what you did put 40 items on before the 1st of March... Now I sell 1 or 2 items a month. Maybe eBay will work it out!! Gumtree is an option Market place is an option. The trading post is an option! ATM for me nothing has changed even though they said it was going to happen 1st March with all the garbage.. Who knows what where and when. I just use ebay the minimum now... Its will be their loss not mine. The support is absolutely useless. If I need to contact their support it is because the problem I have isn't in their help menu's. When I eventually get a human help chat session, it is usually pointless, a waste of 1+ hours explaining the same thing 5 times to have non relevant sections of the help menu copy and pasted to you!! I could give you all an example.. I have a 12 year old imac pro, I refurbish it, I advertise it on eBay, I offer wordwide postage. I get Indian, Indonesian and South American and Sudanese scammers bidding on it, absolutely stuffing the auction up 3 times. Whith this problem it highlighted many things to me on how eBay could work better and could be improved, Yes i know you can just edit the listing and change the countries you sell to, etc but in having this problem it highlighted many issues. The accounts bidding are always a name_0 with 0 rating and they just joined ebay or they have been a member for a year with a 0 rating. A list of the issues are 1) After one of these guys bids and you have cancelled the bid and blocked them from bidding your listing is locked so you cannot edit or add photo's or change the postage locations etc. Even though there is now no bids on your item. 2) There is no means of you as a seller being able to check that a seller is legitimate i.e ( a zero feedback user that has been using eBay for 1 year with no rating) If it is a new account that has 0 rating you can understand the 0 rating but you want to be able to check that they are really going to buy and they understand that a bid is intention to buy! eBay  needs to enable a seller to be able to contact one of these bidders and have the right to block them easily if they do not respond with no affect on their listed item. I could keep listing the problems with ways to fix it or overcome it but this isn't the forum and there is no real forum!! Imagine even trying to explain some of this to a Philipino operator through a text box!! other issues found is that one or more times I have contacted one of these type account holders via eBay messaging email and they respond and are legitimate and they actually buy the item!! So a mechanism for sellers or a better security screening system for eBay is required here. I seriously had about 7 of this type account holder bidding on 2 items I excercised the cancelling and blocking process to find I could not edit the item to change the postage to minimise my postage area's to exclude these countries because they had bid on the item. They usually don't effect the overall sale of the item as they help bump the bids up. But when you have an item that cost you a certain amount to restore/upgrade and you want a specific price range and the auction has a narrow marging, they stuff the Auction up by pushing the price up and they win it!! Then they don't pay and that is another issue with eBay! Charging you fees and the long wait for the reversal of the fees and the automated non payment system not kicking in after 4 days like its meant to. etc. especially when you list the same item 3 times and it is a $500 dollar item with $70- $100 Postage that they slam you on.. Yeah Yeah But  BUY NOW would fix this but they buy it and they don't pay or answer your messages.. When I go to many area's in my account or i get " We have looked everywhere" It happens when you want to check settings in your account a lot lately.... it is just pushing people away from eBay

Message 617 of 699
Latest reply

well i'm sorry, but I can't read that - what happened to paragraphs?

Message 618 of 699
Latest reply

Long live the paragraph!

Is there a question in there or are you just ranting?

Message 619 of 699
Latest reply

Just a rant I think lyndal

Sometimes I think we need a Sellers and a Buyers Rant Only thread - no Q & A's just let off some steam LOL

Message 620 of 699
Latest reply