why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buyers

Hi , why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buyers decide upgrade to express post ?

I sold it for $259.99 with free regular shipping , My Final Valve fee was $28.31 But the buyer wanted an upgrade to express shipping so i changed him $13.00 shipping cost . The actual shipping costs of the express shipping was $15.90 , that is an lost of $2.90 straight off the bat .

So this is my question WHY IS EBAY charging me additional 10% $1.42 for my Express shipping , Im not making money out of it , so should EBAY ?????????????

uHoo: Most Advanced Indoor Air Toxin Sensor ** 8 Different Sensors in this 
Final price: AU $259.99 (Fixed Price)
19225271835209-Aug-17 20:43:23 AESTFinal Value feeAU $28.31

ArticleID: E; Service: eBay Australia Post Express Post; Postage: $12.95; Signature: $2.95; Insurance: $0.00
19225271835211-Aug-17 14:36:37 AESTAustralia Post shipping feeAU $15.90

Postage, handling and other related costs: AU $13.00 (Fixed Price)
19225271835210-Aug-17 01:34:03 AESTFinal Value Fee on ShippingAU $1.42
Message 1 of 102
Latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

Re: why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buye

According to the new rates table a non-store seller pays 10.9% on the sale price plus postage paid. This includes GST.

Whether we think it's okay or not, ebay doesn't answer to us. We have two choices - use their site and agree to their terms, or don't use their site.
Message 41 of 102
Latest reply

Re: why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buye

i didnt say that i was an intelligent person but i can be a scary person  !

Do you want to meet up ? 

Message 42 of 102
Latest reply

thanks for your reply , if everyone United together things could change , anyway i think im over ebay 

Message 43 of 102
Latest reply

Take him up on it eezi. I've been threatened by bigger and better, and I'm still here. The other bloke isn't, even though he allegedly had a bikie gang on call.

Message 44 of 102
Latest reply

You have missed the boat....when ebay first levied the fees on postage many sellers contacted every authority they could think of.

They had no success because ebay was doing nothing illegal.

There is no point wasting time and energy going over the same ground.  Accept the ebay terms and sell here....or don't accept their terms and stop selling.  Your choice...but stop being rude to the responders who have tried to help you understand where you are wrong in your assumptions.

Message 45 of 102
Latest reply

if you think your comments where helpful and friendly they werent ! 

So please dont ! 

There have been some very helpful people , and i thank them for that , The helpful people they show their identity ! 

But some people just want to hide there identity and be nasty 

Message 46 of 102
Latest reply

@customalarmsandcameras wrote:

thanks for your reply , if everyone United together things could change , anyway i think im over ebay 

Ebay has to make money for its shareholders or it'll cease to exist, and where would all be then?  As others have said, if they weren't charging a fee on the postage amount they'd have to increase the fees on the item selling price to make up for it.  While most of us think the fees are getting a bit too high, many of us need ebay so there's no point in trying to fight them on this.  That'd be killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

Message 47 of 102
Latest reply

In effect, everyone is hiding their identity on eBay by using an ID (or a few) here..........................as are you (and nasty with it)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 48 of 102
Latest reply

How is Lyndal hiding her ID?

Of course, with 5 times your feedback, she COULD be using a posting ID. Makes me shudder to think what her other ID would have racked up, if she had one.

You really need to read the (multiple) message, rather than shoot yourself in the foot try to shoot the messenger. Facts are facts, regardless of the alleged experience of the messenger. Given you have had the same information from multiple posters, there is probably a message there.

Message 49 of 102
Latest reply

if you think your comments where helpful and friendly they werent ! 

My comments were not meant to be any more friendly than yours have been to most of the responders here.  Just telling it like it is....no point is tring to take on ebay over the postage fees as it has already been done with no success.

So please dont ! 

There have been some very helpful people , and i thank them for that , The helpful people they show their identity ! 

No-one on ebay shows their identity....including you!!   But I have certainly got a lot more feedback on this account as a buyerthan you have and a very long record of posting on these boards.

I still don't see why you are accusing anyone of hiding their identity....we all trade on ebay with ebayIDs....including you!!!

Message 50 of 102
Latest reply