why do i get charged FVF on shipping when customer picks up item

Why do i get charged FVF on shipping when customer elects to pick up ?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

If a customer is picking up send them an invoice showing local pick up with 0 as the postage cost. That way there is no FVF charged on postage.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Your question also implies you are charging your buyer for a service that you are not supplying ie postage.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

@bsal6160 wrote:

Your question also implies you are charging your buyer for a service that you are not supplying ie postage.

Just out of interest, what has led you to this most interesting conclusion bsal ?? 

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

"Why do i get charged FVF on shipping when customer elects to pick up ?"

If the Seller has a shipping fee on their item for sale and the buyer of that item is going to pick it up ( buyer makes payment for the item cost only, no shipping fee) then there will be no FVF on the shipping cost ( as the buyer didn't pay shipping cost).

FVF charged on total paid by buyer.

OP needs to clarify if pick up buyer paid a shipping cost.
Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

If a seller does not send an invoice removing the post fees that showed in the listing, to reflect $0 for pick up  - the FVFs charged will be based on the cost of goods plus postage

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

So the question remains to the OP.. Did you charge a pick up buyer a shipping fee?
Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Why would they ?

Their listings clearly offer regular post for a small fee AS WELL AS free for local pick up.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

The problem is that a lot of casual sellers do not realise that they will be charged the FVF on the postage amount in the original listing when an item is picked up. Prior to the introduction of the FVF on postage they could just mark an item as paid and not worry about having to adjust the postage amount. Now, if they don't adjust the postage to zero prior to marking it as paid the first they know about the extra FVF is when they see their monthly invoice amount.

There is nothing in the announcement about the FVFs about pickup items.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

I have just looked through the Help pages and can find nothing to inform sellers that they need to do a revised invoice to avoid paying FVF on postage when an item is picked up.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply