why is it so gadamn hard to use ebay to sell things???????????? i cant change catergory because ebay

neds78
Community Member

wont let change catergory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they only listed limited catergory for my bike but i want to change it from perts to motorbikes!! why wont u let me change my ad so i have better chance of selling my bike??????????????????????????????

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

why is it so gadamn hard to use ebay to sell things???????????? i cant change catergory because ebay

neds78
Community Member
customer service!!! what a joke they wont even answer my question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ebay is so hard to sell on!!!!!!!!
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Sorry to learn you're having problems and hope someone comes along to help you soon

It's just as bad for buyers.  Ebay's changed the Search function.  Makes it difficult for buyers.  Although there are some who claim it just requires several more clicks these days to search for what you want

Why would an online auction site exasperate buyers and sellers alike, some ask

Maybe it's because ebay imagines itself as some sort of David Jones ?

Look at the front page for example.  Ebay tries to give the impression it's a department store filled with new goodies

except we all know that ebay doesn't have a thing to sell

It has no stock

and it certainly has no helpful staff

So what's going on ?

Is ebay suffering delusions of grandeur ?

Looks like it

Ebay also seems to believe people click on ebay so they can be sent mad by advertisements

When you try to log on,  ebay makes you wait until it's forced you to suffer endless advertisements

Ebay gets a lot of money for advertisements of course

So what do we have when it's all summed up ?

Well we have a site with no stock, no staff, no-one prepared to actually deal with those who provide ebay with its bread and butter

And the same site wants to force people to sit through endless advertisements before ebay will allow those people to look at their own My Ebay page

The Search function keeps going from bad to worse

and almost everyone's sick of this place called ebay

Yet they expect to turn profit for shareholders year on year

whilst at the same time walking in lock-step with an equally greedy and conscienceless Aust Post which in fact is ' a business owned by the Australian people and administered by the government'

Maybe you'd be better off putting your bike on Gumtree.  Yes, owned by ebay apparently, but people are able to see your item -- buy it -- collect it and pay --- all within an hour in many instances

Young people use Gumtree rather than ebay anyway

and it's said the fees are a fraction of those charged by ebay

(and a hell of a lot less frustration and none of the wait )

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Short reply - close the listing and re - list in the category you want.  Simples,yes?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Simples,meerkats

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply