with 100% feedback...REMOVED has not paid for a single item of her 7 ' buys

l along with 6 other sellers have had the misfortune of selling to REMOVED who has never paid for an item. Her feedback is 100% which is misleading when selling as she should be banned from ebay... if you would please read the comments from past sellers there has never been communication with anyone. I regard my feedback as a guarantee of good service..... l had one negative which was not warranteed as l always use the gift of 12 photos....which tell the quality of a garment...but l had to reduce my feedback regardless of my own thoughts on the matter.... it's a grey area.... please ban this buyer... regards   angelab2773 

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: with 100% feedback...REMOVED has not paid for a single item of her 7 ' buys

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

If the buyer doesn't have the funds to pay, they shouldn't be buying. If they really want it but have to wait until pay day to pay for it, SEND A MESSAGE. It's not that hard. I've had a few buyers contact me and ask if it's OK to wait a few days to pay for whatever the reason. Sure, no problems.

I don't care whether non payers get snotty or not. If I close a dispute, they can't leave feedback. If they decide to pay then trash my feedback due to opening a dispute, eBay will remove it. I refuse to back down to buyers snotty moods.

Your point number 2, I've had that happen. The wife of the buyer contacted me to say her husband had been taken to hospital, was I happy to wait for the payment, or cancel. I said I was happy to wait as it wasn't an issue that was going to keep him there for any extended time. He sent a lovely message a week later when he paid. He has since become a regular buyer. Again, it's not hard to send a quick message.

I guess for me it's just not much of a problem as I have very few UPI's anyway and I use cut and paste emails.

Mind you, with sales being so slow ATM the issue hardly come up at all lol.

If things keep going the way they are eBay may have to consider a layby programme Smiley Frustrated

I had a quick look at the Alexa site ranking for .au this morning and it looks like the mining index!

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

You missed that bit, methinks, Dazzle

LOL thanks Ima:

UPI case as follows:

1. Automatic using unpaid item assistant (follow the links):

Automatic

2. Manual ( a bit more efforts but not much and IMO preferable):

Depending on which sold items view you have available (SMP or not) you will have the the option available in the "Actions" dropdown menu for the listing in question after about 4 days.

(I'm unsure about exactly when because I never start one for at least 8 days).

Hi dd,many thanks for all the info......LOL

I've had my BBL & Blocks functioning for some time(I knew that stawks would pick up on what I said)....apologies to crow....too much time on my hands.

I also agree with tippy.....and I'm bone idle & use UPI assistant......should be same as US  UK.....2 days to pay is plenty if the buyer does not contact first & make a compelling case for extension....jmo

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

The reasons I give it that amount of time are several but in the main:

1. Some buyers will buy without the funds to pay so a "payday" needs to be included in the calculation.

2. Occasionally a buyer will have an unexpected emergency that can distract them.

3. They could just be incommunicado for a while due to data limits.

The way I see it is that it doesn't take up much of my time and the cost is only 5c so no real biggie.

Going slowly also reduces buyer snottiness I've found.

I had one a while back who got a bit offended as she was a newbie who wasn't used to ebays strange ways with email.

When I directed her to the communications she converted instantly and I got glowing feedback.

Good customer service is important but good customer relations are too.

Sorry, but if the buyer needs to factor in a delay to take them up to pay day, they should be negotiating this before they buy.  They can't walk into a B&M shop and say, " I'm buying this, but I won't be paying for it till I get paid Thursday week.  Just put it away out the back for me and I'll be back then?"
I have no problem with being flexible with my terms to help a buyer if they ask, but it should not be assumed that they can just take their time and expect me to wait until they decide to pay without so much as a please and thank you.  Any deviation from the seller's terms and conditions has to be agreed with the seller before they buy.  That's just common courtesy.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

i dont like buyers asking after a sale to wait till payday for payment. had it once and allowed it and got paid ok but should have asked before buying.

a lot of B&M stores have Lay-Buy so people can walk in and ask for that and if its available they can buy today and pay later. but again, must ask first. ive never done Lay-Buy so i don'k know how it works. but xmas would grind to a halt in B&M stores without it.

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

should be same as US  UK.....2 days to pay is plenty

Thank all those who spat the dummy when ebay proposed Paypal and Merchant Credit as the only payment methods. As bank deposit was insisted on by so many ebay could not offer the 2 day to pay policy.

I would not send a message or an ivoice after 3 days as ebay send an automatic reminder after 24 hours, I send the invoice on day 3 making it clear that I will open a dispute the next day if they do not make the payment.

I am more than happy to give buyers extra time to pay but only if they get in touch and ask and then I want a definite date and start a dispute straight away if they do not honour it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

The bottom line here is it is indeed ridiculous that the bidder has 100% positive feedback showing and is still free to flit around ebay, bidding and never paying.

But let's be honest, whose fault is it? It's probably not just ebay's. It is the fault of those 7 sellers.

If someone is a real pain in the behind, doesn't communicate, doesn't pay, why give them a green dot and make them look like wonderwoman?

Tell me, how did you discover her feedback history? You discovered it after she won one of your items, didn't you. You looked up her history. In other words, that feedback was of no practical use to you before the purchase. Informative after the event, sure, but no help.

What is disappointing is none of those 7 sellers seems to have issued an unpaid item strike against the woman. If they had, and if you had your blocks in place, this woman could not bid on a lot of items.

You have the power to ban bad bidders like this from bidding-or at least block them if they keep the same ID. And changing ID is a pain.

Ebay could easily do better. Unpaid item strikes could either be shown against a person's ID or else the strike could count as one point and be deducted from a person's score. This woman could then be showing as -7. Perhaps anyone with a neg score could be restricted to buy it now, pay immediately items.

Probably be a cold day in hell before ebay bothers though, so in the meantime give the numpty no feedback and one strike to send her on her way.

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

The bottom line here is it is indeed ridiculous that the bidder has 100% positive feedback showing and is still free to flit around ebay, bidding and never paying.

But let's be honest, whose fault is it? It's probably not just ebay's. It is the fault of those 7 sellers.

If someone is a real pain in the behind, doesn't communicate, doesn't pay, why give them a green dot and make them look like wonderwoman?

Tell me, how did you discover her feedback history? You discovered it after she won one of your items, didn't you. You looked up her history. In other words, that feedback was of no practical use to you before the purchase. Informative after the event, sure, but no help.

What is disappointing is none of those 7 sellers seems to have issued an unpaid item strike against the woman. If they had, and if you had your blocks in place, this woman could not bid on a lot of items.

You have the power to ban bad bidders like this from bidding-or at least block them if they keep the same ID. And changing ID is a pain.

Ebay could easily do better. Unpaid item strikes could either be shown against a person's ID or else the strike could count as one point and be deducted from a person's score. This woman could then be showing as -7. Perhaps anyone with a neg score could be restricted to buy it now, pay immediately items.

Probably be a cold day in hell before ebay bothers though, so in the meantime give the numpty no feedback and one strike to send her on her way.

That's a great idea and it's already halfway there as ebay let us block anyone with a negative feedback score.

Only problem with that block is it's impossible to generate a score below 0 under the current system.

The whole platform is a bit like Topsy; it just grew lol.

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

@springyzone wrote:

That's a great idea and it's already halfway there as ebay let us block anyone with a negative feedback score.

Only problem with that block is it's impossible to generate a score below 0 under the current system.

The whole platform is a bit like Topsy; it just grew lol.

Only for a buyer. Sellers can go below 0 for having too many negs. I can't remember if it's -4 or -5 when they are made NARU.

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

Dazzle, back in the early days when sellers could give neg feedback, I saw quite a few buyers who went into negative figures, usually well deserved because to get into neg as a buyer, it was almost always for not paying.

I don't see a lot of merit in going back to where sellers could give a neg as it was almost used like blackmail by some sellers.

But for sure, an unpaid item strike is not a subjective opinion, it is a definite case of poor behaviour on a transaction, so it could easily count as a point to be subtracted from their positive rating.

There aren't that many serial pests around but there are a few who make an art of bidding but not buying, & I wonder, if sellers knew that by putting in an unpaid item strike they would deduct a point from that person's rating as well as set them up for possible blocking, that may stop some of the complaints sellers have about not being able to leave feedback.

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply